It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tug boat hits well causes new gusher in Gulf

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
TUG BOAT HITS WELL CAUSES NEW LEAK---------Adding insult to the Gulf's injury, a wellhead hit by a tug boat is now spewing oil near a Louisiana marsh area, officials said Tuesday. www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I just saw this!

Looks like the folks in the area can't catch a break!

JT

+25 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Come on!!!

Why was there an unmarked well-head where a boat could strike it? WTF is wrong with these companies? WTF is wrong with our regulatory agencies? I mean, SERIOUSLY!!!

Seems to me that someone is bound and determined to continue to pollute the hell out of the Gulf at any all costs!

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
OK alarm going off in my head, WTF.

I don't belive a tug boat really hit a well head. BS

Over and over again, come on!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmo740

You're right! This really doesn't add up.

JT

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Why not just call all of us idiots and get done with it...

Tug boat.. COME ON!!!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
This is past believing. How could this happen. My first thought was this is no accident, they plug one and let loose yet another.

My rational mind says what is to be gained by destroying the Gulf! This is just so upsetting, these poor people can't catch a bit of a break. This should be an interesting story to watch unfold.

I feel for the captain of the tug though. Would you want to publicly admit you did this?
I say something smells very fishy in this, will a touch of crude on the side.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I just did a search on this story and only MSNBC and something called Ujuice picked it up from them.

Where is the coverage of this????? This seems very important and not a peep from the major new sources.

It just broke on Fox....still nothing on cnn. Go figure!

[edit on 7/27/2010 by redhead57]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Damn drink skippers!!! Maybe the captain wanted some boat fuel?

Thankfully being closer to the surface SHOULD mean it won’t take long to repair. Just hope no one lights up any fags (it's next on the list of things to go wrong!!).

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Just seems too convenient. This picture perfectly exempliefies the ideas that a lot of people have - that the environment is purposely being destroyed, for whatever reasons...

[edit on 27-7-2010 by alaskan]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
kosmo, there is NOTHING that says it was an unmarked well, you are making an assumption.

It is very close to the marshes, and may not have been on "navigable" waters, which makes it even more suspicious

Here's a link to the local report

www.wwltv.com...

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
this happens all the time in the gulf, you people are just hearing about it because of the BP incident, had it not been for the BP incident you would never have been the wiser nor would you have given a damm about some tug boat hitting an oil well in Louisiana.
go back to your normal lives of watching sports, reality tv and fighting over politics, the gulf was fine before you came along and will be fine long after you lose interest.
damm hippies.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
"Officials fear the well is also leaking natural gas since boats reported seeing a gas cloud and oil on the water near the wellhead."

nice...!!

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Tug boats have very shallow draughts compared to normal ships and are highly manuverable.

I'm calling BS on this;

That well head would have to have practically been sitting on the surface and the tug piolted by a blind chimpanze for it to have hit it.

MR

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Wow those must be some fierce creatures to leak so much blood??????????????????????????????????????????????????

[edit on 7/27/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
excuse this 2X post

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Just Wondering, it DOES NOT happen "all the time" here. Quit running BS

Fox has picked up the story & now it's a tug OR workboat that hit it

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

Whether or not it was marked it moot! ANY and EVERY wellhead in the water should not only be marked, t should be bunkered in by concrete and pilings to prevent this kind of thing - regardless of whether the waters are navigatable nor not! In my opinion, EVERY waterway is navigatable by some type of vessel!

There is an irresponsible party involved, be it the captain if it was marked or the owner of the well and our ragulatory agencies if it was not.

Finally, the "coincidence" of this is simply too much to bear. I tmakes me feel like someone simply wants the Gulf destroyed at any and every cost available.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Wow.

Now I'm waiting for Pat Robertson to say the people in the Gulf States are cursed by God for a deal they made with the Devil to stop the oil leak.

- Lee

[edit on 27-7-2010 by lee anoma]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
So there are no gps monitoring devices on the boats/ wells where an alarm will go off when approaching to close to well??

<<   2  3  4 >>

join