It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Analogy for the action Arizona had to take

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
This is the best analogy yet for the action Arizona was forced to take.

This actually came in my email and I just couldnt help myself as it says sooo much inho of course. Im sure it will upset some folks, but I think there are a few others that will appreciate it.Let me say, I am pretty liberal, but really, enough is enough.
This is from the Maxine comic strip.

Leave it to Maxine to come up with a solution.

"For the mess that America is now in economically.No color or gender of any bird was discriminated against.

I bought a bird feeder. I hung
It on my back porch and filled
It with seed. What a beauty of
A bird feeder it was, as I filled it lovingly with seed. Within a
Week we had hundreds of birds
Taking advantage of the
Continuous flow of free and
Easily accessible food.

But then the birds started
Building nests in the boards
Of the patio, above the table,
And next to the barbecue.

Then came the poop. It was
Everywhere: on the patio tile,
The chairs, the table ...
Everywhere!

Then some of the birds
Turned mean. They would
Dive bomb me and try to
Peck me even though I had
Fed them out of my own
Pocket.

And others birds were
Boisterous and loud. They
Sat on the feeder and
Squawked and screamed at
All hours of the day and night
And demanded that I fill it
When it got low on food.

After a while, I couldn't even
Sit on my own back porch
Anymore. So I took down the
Bird feeder and in three days
The birds were gone. I cleaned
Up their mess and took down
The many nests they had built
All over the patio.

Soon, the back yard was like
It used to be .... Quiet, serene....
And no one demanding their
Rights to a free meal.

Now let's see.
Our government gives out
Free food, subsidized housing,
Free medical care and free
Education, and allows anyone
Born here to be an automatic
Citizen.

Then the illegal's came by the
Tens of thousands. Suddenly
Our taxes went up to pay for
Free services; small apartments
Are housing 5 families; you
Have to wait 6 hours to be seen
By an emergency room doctor;
Your child's second grade class is
Behind other schools because
Over half the class doesn't speak
English.

Corn Flakes now come in a
Bilingual box; I have to
'press one ' to hear my bank
Talk to me in English, and
People waving flags other
Than 'Old Glory' are
Squawking and screaming
In the streets, demanding
More rights and free liberties.

Just my opinion, but maybe
it's time for the government
To take down the bird feeder.

If you agree, pass it on; if not,
Just continue cleaning up the poop"

Peace

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
If the American People can vote in those who can take that feeder away.

Every hack in the government is plotting strategies to stay in power the longest, and that strategy involves keeping that feeder going at all costs because all of those votes that would be given Amnesty can give them that power.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by yigsstarhouse

Now let's see.
Our government gives out
Free food, subsidized housing,
Free medical care and free
Education, and allows anyone
Born here to be an automatic
Citizen.

Yep, and not just to illegal immigrants. But then again its the same freaking government we have elected time and time again.

Maybe we should get wiser in who we choose to lead us.

Then the illegal's came by the
Tens of thousands. Suddenly
Our taxes went up to pay for
Free services; small apartments
Are housing 5 families; you
Have to wait 6 hours to be seen
By an emergency room doctor;
Your child's second grade class is
Behind other schools because
Over half the class doesn't speak
English.

Thank God to those American employers who drew in those tens of thousands. Also Thank God to those American citizens who kept buying from those American employers who hired illegals.

Taxes go up because we are too dumb to protest the way government spends the taxes. How about 13 trillion dollars of waste?

Who else would tolerate government buying six hundred dollars hammers?

As for education, that has been screwed up way before non-English students came into play, but I'm sure everyone loves the Department of Education. I also bet that most people don't complain when a coach makes more than a teacher.

Yeah, Go [insert favorite team here]!!

Corn Flakes now come in a
Bilingual box; I have to
'press one ' to hear my bank
Talk to me in English, and

Sounds to me that people should take this up with their bank and Cornflakes. I am sure niether the bank nor Cornflakes allowed a foreigner to come in and place things in a different language.

People waving flags other
Than 'Old Glory' are
Squawking and screaming
In the streets, demanding
More rights and free liberties.

Amazing how we Americans love our liberties, but yet want to limit other people's liberties.

Just my opinion, but maybe
it's time for the government
To take down the bird feeder.

If people are waiting for government to take down the feeder, keep on waiting. It isn't going to happen. And don't be fooled by Arizona. They lie in the same bed as the politicians in Washington.

Soon, the economy will recover to a point where Arizona will choose not to stringently enforce its newest law.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Hmm...

So immigrants do nothing but eat your food and poop on your lawn?

What about the many thousands who work very hard to clean your houses, cook your meals, do your manual labor and look after your kids?

For very little money I might add.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by MrVertigo]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrVertigo
Hmm...

What about the many thousands who work very hard to clean your houses, cook your meals, do your manual labor and look after your kids?

You forgot, "and die in wars defending this country." 332 of them so far.
Latinos represent less than nine percent of those enlisted in the army, El Tiempo Latino reports, but make up 11 percent of deaths in the Iraq War.

An immigrant who serves in the military gets expedited citizenship treatment after his service ends. But if he is killed in combat, his family gets deported. Yeah, America!!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by 4nsicphd

Could you possibly post links to that information? I would be interested in reading more on that subject. I find it hard to believe that someone who gave their life for this country would have their family deported as a result.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
In many regards, the bird feeder analogy to illegal immigration holds. There are some illegal aliens that behave like the obnoxious birds in the story.

However, the bird feeder analogy would be more analogous if some of the birds were mowing the grass in the back yard and cleaning the pool. These birds were not freeloading off the bird seed and acting obnoxious, but these birds were for the most part respectful and were contributing to the back yard rather than merely depleting the bird seed.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by yigsstarhouse

Star and Flag for being so truthful.
I never thought i would be able to say i have conversed with a bird racist.

You know that comment is coming, or just a racist comment of some sort.
Excellent analogy.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4nsicphd

Hmm...

Latinos represent less than nine percent of those enlisted in the army, El Tiempo Latino reports, but make up 11 percent of deaths in the Iraq War.

An immigrant who serves in the military gets expedited citizenship treatment after his service ends. But if he is killed in combat, his family gets deported. Yeah, America!!

And this is supposed to prove what exactly. Lets examine this currently they make up 9.5 percent of military personel. But heres were the statistical anomoly comes in they make up 18.5 percent of front line forces. So i guess looking at that there better at hiding huh. You can twist statistics anyway you want so dont bother trying to make a point with statistics. Pew research center did a report do you know why latinos make up 18.5 percent of front line forces lower asvab scores.

Heres another statistic for you Latinos seem to gravitate towards the Marines. 14 percent of the Marine Corps is Latino. These high numbers may be due to the aggressiveness of Marine recruiting, especially in the West. Marines have the highest casualty rates among all branches of the service. So of course this may jump there casualties slightly higher when compared to all the armed forces.

Bottom line statistics can be shaped any way you want just depends on the context.

[edit on 7/26/10 by dragonridr]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 4nsicphd

What do Latinos have to do with illegal aliens?

Are you a Racist?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

I believe that you have exposed a little truth that the call of racism is effective in all protests. This person uses the phrase Latino when discussing illegal immigration, they have already based their comment on race.

Nice catch on that one and a star for you.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ChicUFO

Thanks, I have been holding back on this tactic because of all the problems.

Sorry, if the Latino community wants to say that illegal immigration is not a problem, then they are lying. Period.

No other country in the world just lets people come into their country illegally and stay.

Now, being racist is not what they are doing, what they are doing is attempting to label others as racist stating that we are just picking on the Latinos.

It is a fallacy, I cannot think of the type right now. Something to do with arguing higher morals with a twist of denigration and reversing the argument. Probably like 4 different ones intertwined. I am sick of seeing it being used.

[edit on 7/26/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
You know what, I moved from Phoenix, AZ where I grew up, which is 50% or more hispanic to a city on the other side of the country recently where the latino population makes up only about .08% of the population and guess what? My yard is still mowed, I still am able to get fruit, it's amazing!

And as for the people serving our country, I really doubt any of them are illegal aliens which are not the same thing as an American citizen of hispanic descent.

Also S&F. Very true analogy..

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Redwookieaz]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The problem isn't immigrants, legal or no. It's people with a sense of entitlement. People who manipulate and milk the welfare system are far more guilty of pooping on our country's patio than the hard-working portion of the illegals.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
But what about the birds that worked for the food? What about the birds you hired to hang your laundry because it was cheaper to buy bird food then to buy and run a dryer?

[edit on 27-7-2010 by Helmkat]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca
If the American People can vote in those who can take that feeder away.

Every hack in the government is plotting strategies to stay in power the longest, and that strategy involves keeping that feeder going at all costs because all of those votes that would be given Amnesty can give them that power.

Assuming votes still matter and aren't just a psychological appeasement on the people to think their still in a country that chooses its leaders and makes its laws etc.

I stopped believing in this when a man I didn't vote in to office made a decision that I didn't get to vote for that put us across the world fighting a war that was based on things that didn't even exist. I'm pretty damn sure votes on anything will not fix anything because its not there to actually work just think it works kinda like a movie prop.

Even assuming voting actually works, I don't think they have done nothing because of amnesty and votes. Kind of backwards actually they are losing more votes from Americans to gain less votes from illegals?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I have to say there are people out there who do need those services people who legitimately require financial help because they can't afford to not have it.

A good friend of mine requires government social services, she has a single mother and an alcoholic father who left when she was young and her mother holds down two minimum wage jobs just to support her. Not everything can be blamed on the immigrants, how much money do governments spend on "business trips" or hookers and bar tabs and houses and such while hard working single mothers live on just enough to get by. Meanwhile the middle class complain how their kids are struggling because of people eating up tax money or poor little Timmy has to wait 6 hours for a fractured arm. Boo hoo I'm sure that car accident victim is just dying for Timmy to go first while they hold on to their internal organs...

I'm from canada and we have free health care for all citizens and I thank the gods every day that I do. I would rather wait and be served in order of emergency than have to pay thousands of dollars. I've been to the hospital twice both times would have cost me an arm and a leg if not for free health care, yeah I had to wait but I'm not selfish and I think hey maybe that stab victim needs to be treated first it looks like he's loosing a lot of blood, my week long migraine is not so bad... I can't comprehend how someone would have to pay to go to the hospital and be severed in order of money.

Xiamara.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4nsicphd

Hmm...

I didn't know about the second part of your posting, god thats just awful! O_O

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Procession101

Here is an article I found from a year and half ago. Given the troop needs I imagine the military has ramped this up to full speed since then.

U.S. Military Will Offer Path to Citizenship

“The Army will gain in its strength in human capital,” General Freakley said, “and the immigrants will gain their citizenship and get on a ramp to the American dream.”

www.nytimes.com...

new topics

top topics

join