It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet another sinkhole...one driver has a lucky esacpe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
yet another recent sinkhole

www.dailymail.co.uk...

There seems to be loads of reports coming in recenty.

I know how they are caused by water erosion but it still makes you think something freaky is going on.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by Tykonos]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
also in China are a lot of giant sinkholes

www.ndtv.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Hey, you need the pic:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f0940e01bc27.jpg[/atsimg]

Now that's impressive!

Bet he thought he tough stuff in that big ole Cadillac Escalade.

I guess it just don't matter how tough ya are, there's always somebody who gonna eat your lunch.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I live about an hour away from milwaukee, so this has been all over the news. There has been flooding everywhere in the area. We've seen large rainstorms every couple of days that dump up to 3 inches at a time.

I used to live a few blocks away from where this sinkhole happened. It was in front of a restaurant I worked at. A few months ago the restaurant had caught fire and was destroyed. It was mostly a brick building, but the inside was built with old logs, and lumber. The fire was extremely hard to put out.

So if you combine the amount of water that was used to put out the fire, which probably eroded alot of the earth underneath the roadway, then combine the record amount of rainfall Milwaukee has had this month, it really wasn't all that suprising to me.

On a side note, apparently this driver of the escalade is in his 20's and is a professional poker player.

(edit for typos)

[edit on 24-7-2010 by Roadie]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Tykonos

Notice the amount of water drains around the hole?

My guess is the city is responsible (in a round about way). I'd bet the drains had been leaking and water was seeping out into the soil due to the heavy rains.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
How many is that this year? Is it me, or does it seem like there have been a lot of these world wide?

join