It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government tracking our search habits?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Government tracking our search habits?

www.foxnews.com

Recently, the Washington Post noted as part of a two-year investigation into America's intelligence community that Google supplies special mapping and search products to the U.S. military and intelligence community, with some Google employees enjoying top secret clearance to work with the government. That news has consumer advocates and politicians asking exactly what information Google has collected -- and why.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I can only think of one plausible reason why the US Government is being supplied mapping and search products by google.

They are tracking our search habits.

I'm sure there could be other reasons but this one stands out to me. Personally, I'm not too concerned if anyone knows what I'm searching for. I'm not even sure there is an expectation of privacy with the internet. Unless you operate your own ISP then one can reasonably expect others to monitor your internet behavior.

What I hope is that it's nothing more sinister than I think it is. Really sinister stuff would be installing trojans to see what's on our computers. Then that would be over the top crazy.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I swear this isn't new. And if it is, I must have dreamed and accepted that they either were already doing this or easily could. But again, I swear this is another recycled story. See here?

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
If they would just ask me what I search for I would tell them - the truth behind their lies!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Hey it keeps them employed and out of trouble...

A lot of people I know purposely search for ridiculous things to throw them into tizzies. They probably don't even notice, but it's good for a laugh.

Truth is, if they make up their minds to hang you, they're going to hang you...one way or another. Precautions should be taken, but we should not be intimidated or silenced because of it.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Come Clean

This is funny that people have such a short memory, I worked for a company years ago some of you may remember ... "Mindspring" anyway they fought the government over something called Carnivore, and its purpose was to shred the data people search and emails for information, Google has since mined it very well without the need brute force mining.

Well they lost the fight for both privacy and excising as a company.

Just amazes me that anyone still thinks there is privacy in ANYTHING we do.

top topics

join