It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman calls 911, says she strangled autistic children

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Woman calls 911, says she strangled autistic children

www.cnn.com

An Irving, Texas, woman told a 911 operator that she strangled her two young children Monday because they were autistic, according to a recording of the call.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
(Could a mod move this to the "Current Events" forum please ... I am not sure why I posted it here because it really isn't very alternative
)

*sigh* Some people just don't deserve to be parents. It disgusts me that these two perfectly innocent children have lost their lives because of the their mother's nonacceptance.

EVERY life have value ... even those that are different than our own. It's a shame that history seems to be doomed to repeat itself because people can't learn the lessons of the past, or that they simply lack common sense.

:EDIT:

Not to mention that I am sure this will be twisted into some anti-Muslim propaganda by those that are too hateful and misunderstanding of Islam.
So please think before you speak ... and try not to equate this with the entity of the Muslim faith and those that follow and practice it. Just use common sense.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22-7-2010 by Nurv47]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Texas still has the death penalty?

Let her have it... Killing your own children in cold blood deserves nothing less.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I agree killing you children is bad. No question about it. But it seems she had been in a mind set that allowed her to think it was....justifiable. A state mind set comes to mind. A social one. One in which appearance and personality matters. Our current system promotes these things.

Blame her? Yeah, but thats like blaming a child for playing with matches that was left there for them. Not all kids will, but the ones who want to will.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by gandhi]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
How disgusting. If you can't care for the child give them to someone who can.

2nd line.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by antonia]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
These type of tragedies sicken me for the love of god people don't have kids if you can't care for them or don't want to cause they are different then you or have a disorder of some kind .

Hopefully they throw her ass in jail for life or give her the death sentence even better for scum like this .... geeeez what's the world coming to ..

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
As a parent to a severely autistic little boy, I can say I am sickened by what she did.

Granted there are times where having a child who is autistic can be frustrating, as well as heartbreaking... but that is when you find someone to watch them for a couple hours while you get away from it all.

I'm not too sure why you brought up the islamic angle, didn't see anything in the article that relates to her religion or anything like that. Just a middle-eastern name on the woman. But regardless of religion or background, doing something like this to your children is about the sickest thing you can do...

Whether they're autistic or not.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

I brought up the Islamic angle because I know that is it quite common for people equate middle-eastern names with Islam and I also know how people love to blame things on Islam. I just wanted to make sure that the topic STAYED on topic, that's all

top topics

join