It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bermuda Triangle and Methan gas debunked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
This is about the theories that Methan gas can sink a ship or boats concidering if theres millions of tuns of it in the gulf of mexico and around the area were the oil has spilled out.
Why have there been no reports of ships disappearing.

That is of course there is methan there at all.

With all the ships around the oil leak surely the ships would be in trouble mmm.

I have seen No reports of ships in trouble on the news or anywere else so what does this mean.

On ATS theres quite a lot of threads on methan gas. So whats really going on?

Heres a link to the methan gas theorie. The Bermuda Triangle stated this is how ships and planes dissapeared. debunked or is it

www.theage.com.au...

Cheers

[edit on 24/09/2008 by ufosbri]

[edit on 24/09/2008 by ufosbri]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I have watched several documentaries on the bermuda triangle and they all seem to point to methane gas bubbling up and causing fluctuations to cause sinking of ships and planes

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
The bulk of the Bermuda triangle is to the east of Florida. In my non-expert opinion, I don't think we will see increased methane levels in the Triangle until we at least start seeing oil wash up in Miami and the Florida Keys. Once that happens, that would mean that the oil and and methane from the Deepwater Horizon spill is been siphoned into the Gulf Current.

And I agree with jumpingbeanz, in regards to the shows that I have seen on the triangle. Most of them do site methane as the most likely culprit for the sinking ships.

So, why have we not seen an increase in ship disappearances in regards to the Bermuda Triangle and the methane released from the Deepwater Horizon?

Because it has not reached that area yet. And because the methane is still far below the surface.

I also want to point out that the methane from the spill is different than methane shooting up from shallower ocean depths in the triangle. The methane fron the spill is coming from extreme depth, and is fighting its way up through the oil/corexit layer. Methane in the Atlantic that they are talking about as a possible cause is shooting directly to the surface from much more shallow depths.

I will also state that it is only one of many possible theories regarding the shinking of ocean ships (and IMO, does not really explain the loss of airplanes).

This wiki article does a nice job of listing many of the different theories regarding the Triangle.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I can't find the video, but I've seen a clip of a ship being destroyed by a methane bubble. The boat was just cruisin' along, chilled out and stuff,
(I think it was a modern warship) and all of a sudden, beneath it became this boiling white froth and the ship literally exploded in the center, split in half, and sank in less that 10 seconds. It was intense. It did hit it dead-center though, so I'm not sure about if it was an off-center impact. Just my .02

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
there was also a japnese vessle reserching methane under the ocean floor by drilling and sampling it sunk for no reason Japanese vessel Raifuku Maru search here for the story

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

I just read that some guy scientist was out in the gulf taken measurments of the methan in the air and seminly its a 1000 times its normal level.

But your saying its not reached the surface yet so whos right and whos wrong

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ufosbri

Expert readings have varied between 100 to 1000 times the normal levels of methane, in fact this Reuters article says in some areas, 1 million times normal:

www.reuters.com...

But in the water.

I would like to read about the air levels of methane being that high. Could you provide a source please?

However, I would imagine that if the areas that have 1 million times the level of normal methane under water released that gas into the air, that it would cause enromous problems.

And I actually do believe that methane can cause ships to sink. BUT, I think it would take a sudden, rapid rise in methane in order to change the surface, and near-surface state from water (liquid), to a compeltely gasoeus state that would cause a large ship or vessel to sink.

The methane in the Gulf posses horrible risks in many different ways. But for now, due to a combination of the depth of the methane and the use of the horrible chemical agent COREXIT, the methane in the Gulf is simply not rising in extreme bursts. If it was, than comparing whatever source you have, with the Reuters article, there would be 1 million times the methane levels in the air, instead of 1,000.

Additionally, many of the Bermuda Triangle books and videos out there are refering to methane 'bursts' or 'bubbles' that infrequently erupt in the Atlantic, especially the ones that are at shallower depth. These 'bubbles' erupt from the ocean floor in large volume, and rapdily ascend the shallow depth above it, to basically replace the water above it, with a pocket of methane gas large enough that it casues a ship to immediately sink. And due to the buoyancy of these ships that are sinking (and remember, that many of the reported victims of the Bermuda Triangle are larger vessels) that these methane bubbles would have to be able to drop a ship several hundred feet down, basically in an instant, in order to prevent them from actually resurfacing.

So, yes methane is trickling up from the absolutely gigantic methane plumes under the water from the Oil SPill, but not in a way that either disproves this one of many theories regarding the Bermuda Triangle, or says that the methane theory is bunk because it is not sinking ships in the Gulf.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by lasertaglover]

join