It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It wasn't enough: Now Israel dumps waste on Palestinians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Not content with driving Palestinians off their land now those that remain are having to put up with the untreated waste and toxic chemicals from the illegal Israeli settlements.

Israel dumps waste on Palestinians

It is only a very short article, but there is a video.

aljazeera.net

Israeli settlements have been dumping untreated waste directly into a sewage canal that runs through the occupied West Bank, affecting Palestinian villages along its banks.

The hazard posed is compounded by the dumping of toxic chemical waste on agricultural land, with villagers reporting a rash of skin diseases and respiratory problems.

Managed to find a You-Tube link for it

What the
is the matter with these people and what in the
can we do about it?

As I have said before I have no great love for the Palestinians, but you cannot condone the Israeli actions.

Mod Edit: Link to source added. Please see Posting work written by others. **ALL MEMBERS READ** Thank you - Jak

[edit on 22/7/10 by JAK]

[Edit] Apologies - the omission of the link was pure oversight in the heat of the moment.

[edit on 22/7/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
This is the link to the last page of the thread about the Israelis driving the West Bank Palestinians off their land.

Israel declares Palestinian land a firing zone!

I am so
mad I guess I could press the button to..........

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Disgusting...

[edit on 22-7-2010 by EisLeo]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Combine this horror story with all the others and this article from the BBC regarding Palestinian property being bought up at inflated prices, then who the hell knows where this will all lead.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Hey, of hand, how's goes HAMAS' continued use of innocent Palestinians as human shields?

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Seekerof

Human shields. I have not come across this and wondered if you have any further information?

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
all's fair in love and war. is anyone suprised? hell if it works, the people who came up with the idea will be championed by future generations. If they cant stop playing make believe and get together and talk, they get what they get. Thats why the "godless" Soviets could listen to reason

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Seekerof

Of what relevance is that remark to the thread? It has nothing to do with the Israelis getting rid of their sewage on to Palestinians.

Although slightly off topic perhaps you should enlighten yourself that Israeli forces also used Palestinians as a human shield, and the use of innocent civilians as a shield is quite prevalent.

Human Rights Watch says that the Israel Defense Forces used Palestinian civilians as human shields during the 2002 Battle of Jenin.

Source Wikipedia

And 20 July 2006: Israeli Soldiers use civilians as Human Shields in Beit Hanun

[edit]@LarryLove. This gives you some insight into HAMAS' use of human shields.

The UN announcement that 51 civilians have died in the conflict in Gaza must be understood in the context of Hamas's declared ideology to use civilians as human shields for Hamas fighters. Indeed, Hamas continues to emphasize and promote the religious ideology that death for Allah is an ideal to be actively pursued.

This is not quite the same as the Israeli use of Palestinians as a shield which is just cowardice.

[edit on 22/7/2010 by PuterMan]

new topics

top topics

join