It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy Fiction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I was wondering if anyone could recommend some good conspiracy themed fiction. I'm thinking books that deal with the weirder side of conspiracies like "The Illuminatus! Trilogy" by RA Wilson and Robert Shea and "The Crying of Lot 49" by Thomas Pynchon. Illuminatus! is off-the-wall crazy, while Lot 49 is much more mundane, but has several odd twists. Other books in this category would be stuff like "Crooked Little Vein" by Warren Ellis and "City of Pillars" by Dominic Peloso, neither of which I especially liked but for reasons of quality rather than content.

So, if anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I'm not sure if it's quite what you're looking for, but Robert Ludlum's novels are pretty good. (he wrote the Bourne series, though the movie plots are completely different from the books, but are still his sort of style)

For instance, there's one Ludlum book where there's a group of five people that form a group called Inver Brass and they're kind of like a mini-NWO shadow government. Another involves the descendants of Nazis in a huge conspiracy. They're also very well written; they're very descriptive and the vocabulary can be a little complex at times, which I don't mind at all.

Even if this isn't quite what you're looking for, I'd guess based on your post that you'd like his novels anyway; he's definitely worth checking out.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I do have Ludlum's first Bourne novel, but I never finished. The books you mentioned do sound interesting, thanks for the suggestions and I'll probably check them out. Though, what I'm really looking for is stuff a little stranger. A few more examples would be the Umberto Eco books "Foucault's Pendulum" and "Name of the Rose." FP involves the Knights Templar, the Comte St. Germaine (kind of), secret societies, esoteric magic and Jewish mysticism. "Rose' is about a series of murders set in a medieval monastery.

Thank you again for the suggestions though. Maybe it's time for me to try Ludlum again.

new topics

join