It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday: How BP Gulf disaster may have triggered a 'world-killing' event

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Hello.

I found a notable doomsday article on this disaster. I tried searching ATS for it, but couldn't find(with terms in the title). ..so you may remove it if it is already posted
( edit: This one is actually quite similar.. www.abovetopsecret.com... )

I don't see a date published for the article, but I guess it is quite new. Here is the URL www.helium.com...

Here are some snippets of what consequences may be possible:

If the methane bubble—a bubble that could be as big as 20 miles wide—erupts with titanic force from the seabed into the Gulf, every ship, drilling rig and structure within the region of the bubble will immediately sink. All the workers, engineers, Coast Guard personnel and marine biologists participating in the salvage operation will die instantly.

Next, the ocean bottom will collapse, instantaneously displacing up to a trillion cubic feet of water or more and creating a towering supersonic tsunami annihilating everything along the coast and well inland. Like a thermonuclear blast, a high pressure atmospheric wave could precede the tidal wave flattening everything in its path before the water arrives.

When the roaring tsunami does arrive it will scrub away all that is left.

when ?

Most experts in the know, however, agree that if the world-changing event does occur it will happen suddenly and within the next 6 months.

Many 'sources' have been used in that article, what do you think, how reliable are they, and what do you think are the odds of such event actually happening ?

[edit on 21-7-2010 by inthemistandfog]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by inthemistandfog

I feel that the planet will explode due to a core breech. I'm not sure what this has to do with BP. As a matter of fact things seem to be progressing towards this faster than I thought. I thought it would take three or four more solar max cycles to get there.

Fissures on the ocean floor are the big risk, BP or no BP.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

join