It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Floating barges will be home for local fisherman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Floating barges will be home for local fisherman

www.fox8live.com

Hundreds of Louisiana fishermen working with BP's cleanup effort learned they will know have to live on floating barges in the Gulf closer to the operations. At Myrtle Grove Marine in Plaquemines Parish, hundreds of fishermen met with BP officials hoping to convince officials not to force them to live for 18 days straight on what is known as the "Flotels".
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
These literally look like prisons on barges! or.......Fema camps on barges! I'm not sure what to think, I mean...some of these men are staying cause they need the pay and others are leaving. But, the fact that anyone is staying proves that if they need money bad enough for their families they will do it! now this concerns me because when you see these things, they really seriously do remind me of the FEMA camps. So...to me..its almost like a test...how many can they get to stay on these things? and then..and this is just speculation on my part...but, basically to me, it seems we the american people are telling them that "hey, all it will take is one huge major disaster where alot of people need work, and then yeah..go ahead and send us to the camps if we have to stay there for work." again, just speculation, but my gut is telling me, there is something more behind these barges. Not on the barges themselves, but agendas being hidden. The boycott bp page on facebook will have more pictures of these things up later.

www.fox8live.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Here's a picture of the "flotels" if you ask me this is a sly way to keep the guys on the job so as to save money, Also are they (workers) aware under construction employment laws they are entitled to maritime tidal payments, Would suggest they tie up with a maritime union to explore maritime payment contracts .

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Like I said before, the Board of Directors of BP should be arrested. They and their families should be transported to the crime scene and be forced to clean up the mess they have created.

They were more than happy to profit from their criminal acts, they should now be more than happy to pay for them.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Unless fresh water is being pumped to the barges, they are probably using salt water conversion- which converts salt water (and not oil, dispersants, ect) into drinkable water. So they're being poisoned slowly.... that stuff will go right on thru, right into the water they use.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
could this be a way of getting rid of people who know the extent of the disater what do you guys think?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by thecause

It certainly puts the clean up contractors over a barrel, So to speak I mean what sort of confidentiality clauses are built into the tenancy contract regarding "Keep it shut or else", Think "Tyed" housing ....

new topics

top topics

join