It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did US citizens think of Prime Minister Cameron

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
A thread out of curiosity regarding the thoughts of American citizens on Prime Minister David Cameron during his visit to the White House, the press conference and his interview with Diane Sawyer on ABC World News.

There be plenty of Obama opinion on these boards and wanted to get you take on Cameron. Did he come across as a leader in tune with the worlds problems?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
From the looks of it, no one knew he was here, I had no idea he was coming either. I did not see anything in the news about him being here or coming here, nothing at all.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by Elieser]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LarryLove
A thread out of curiosity regarding the thoughts of American citizens on Prime Minister David Cameron during his visit to the White House, the press conference and his interview with Diane Sawyer on ABC World News.

There be plenty of Obama opinion on these boards and wanted to get you take on Cameron. Did he come across as a leader in tune with the worlds problems?

Well, to be quite honest I tossed my telly out the door a year ago so all my news come from alternative sources on the web. Cameron's visit didn't seem to stir up any emotions one way or the other, meaning, there wasn't anything about the visit on any of the sources I use for news.

I can only speak for myself but I avoid the MSM like the plague. I tend to believe that a lot of ATS folks are in the same boat.

I was, for a time, an ardent follower of British politics but Blair and Brown left me shaking my head in despair. Blair always struck me as out of his league. A small fry trying desperately to worm his way into elite circles where he never seemed to quite fit- a say anything, do anything that would grease the skids. His mannerisms always struck me as being akin to a puppet and whoever was pulling the strings was in the midst of an epileptic seizure. The man just looked and acted the complete phony.

Gordon Brown reminded me of a gorilla in a man suit. A brutish bore of a sort. Same MO as Blair. Looking for his opportunity to become a power player but didn't have Blair's good fortune to be on the ground at the onset of war. With the wars already in progress and Britain committed there was no need for anyone to kiss his backside. Poor Gordon spent most of his time groveling and stepping on his man parts.

Where I sort of veered away from British politics was as Cameron took the reigns as PM. At least he's better looking than the previous two PM's.

I think everyone on this side of the Atlantic being so preoccupied with all the hot water we're in and Obama not being very popular at the moment may have cast a shadow over Cameron's visit.

Did he come across as a leader in tune with the worlds problems?

Friend, show me one of these clowns who does- yours, ours or any of the others. The only leader who has impressed me since 2000 is Putin.

join