It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taser accidentally discharged into Somerset man's groin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Taser accidentally discharged into Somerset man's groin

www.bbc.co.uk

A Somerset man is seeking legal advice after a police officer accidentally discharged a 50,000-volt Taser gun into his groin.

Peter Cox, 49, was hit with the stun weapon after being stopped on suspicion of driving a BMW without insurance in Bridgwater on 13 July.

He has denied claims that he had been acting aggressively
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Sorry for bringing up another taser thread but this one is from the UK which is suprising for me as I normally hear about this kind of thing going on in the states!

A few things beg to question from this,

Just how exactly do you "accidentally" shoot someone with a taser ? I always love quotes like this where people in authority use the whole "it was an accident" excuse in order to cover up their stupidity or intent to harm

Another point to raise is this quote

"The man appeared to become aggressive and the officer removed his Taser in accordance with protocol."

What exactly constitutes aggression ? Getting angry because you're accused of being guilty of something when you're actually innocent ? The guy had a right to be pissed off with the cops if he was indeed aggressive, as he states himself he wasn't aggressive but again it's all subject to opinion, what the man thought wasn't aggressive may be considered aggressive to others.

However if it's protocol for officers to pull their tasers & risk "accidentally" tasing innocent people because they are pissed off for being accused about things they haven't done then it's just wrong. Yet another step further down into an Orwellian 1984 police state where you cannot do anything without state approval.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Have the police lost the ability to talk people down out of their assumed aggression (whether this was the case or not)? Surely it's better to use the gift of langauge and the skills of tact rather than immediately going for the taser as soon as whoever you've pulled over starts to stamp their feet at you. It breeds contempt and distrust among the public. I am very surprised that the taser was even deployed, let alone shot off "accidentally."

Keep it holstered!

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Exqueeze me,
but
Peter Cox, gets tazed in the groin

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
accident?

well, the guy is pretty unlucky them

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I have seen worse........

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Another reason for keeping firearms out of the hands of the dumb plod patrol officers.

This was no accident. The driver probably said something that pissed off the officer, hence even having the tazer drawn and pointed at Mr. Cox, then thought he'd teach this impudent member of the public a lesson.

join