It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charity fundraisers 'beaten up by sneering mob for being too worthy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Daily Mail

Now I am now fan of the hate-filled rag of a paper that is the Daily Mail but this story is worth a read and maybe a barometer to the level that the UK has reached where those that give up their time to help a CHARITY are verbally and physically abused.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
After reading that story 2 things ran through my mind.

1st, is this the kind of world we are leaving the next generation? but the good news is if the kids today are this much hassle to us oldies now what hassle are THEY going to get when they are our age from teh next generation of thugs?

and 2nd, What kind of lowlife assaults someone wanting to help others?

Of course banning beer would be a good start , but be very VERY difficult ( even I like a beer or 2), what they should do is pay for someone to get totally drunk and allow them to run riot through schools, that way the kids get to see first hand what drinking and drunkeness can lead to, Violence towards othes, unpleasant behaviour ( unwanted sexual advances or verbal abuse) , and of course everyones favourite , self embarassment, after all you get some drunk lout in the school hall wetting themselves and most kids won't even want to start drinking if they see what happens first hand.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

I have visited this area myself in the past and it is not some run down den of iniquity, so the excuse of poverty and the like are no barometer. I very much dislike the paper myself for its extreme jingoistic viewpoint and its far right leanings, who's readers were probably those who make its readership. I, unlike the Daily Mail, am not saying that we should bring back the birch or hanging but we must find out what fosters such a hate filled section of our society and maybe then we can provide a solution.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
What a sad world we live in

*shakes head at the mindless violence*

Reminds me of the last days of the Roman empire, full of greed and disregard for common decency and the law of the land.

In that regard I have to admit that I am of the opinion that our society/civilisation is on it's last legs..

Bring on the new and fresh Civilisation..

Perhaps next time we'll learn to find ways of stopping society/civilisation from degenerating back into greedy, lawless, expletives.

new topics

top topics

join