It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could this be mistaken for an alien airship?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I have read the government is designing helium filled airships and thought if they were test fyling one it could aesily be mistaked for an alien airship. Click the link and watch the video.

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Probably some nutjob or hoaxer will take a pic and call UFO...

But these things are BIG and s l o w.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Wow that was a very impressive video. I am sorry for the loss of the family of the pilot who died.

I would never have mistaken an airship, especially one of this configuration, for a alien spacecraft.

Now, I would initially see it and classify it as a IFO (identified flying object) but with unknown additional attachments.

I suppose that some very uneducated people, or those with bad vision and forgot their glasses, could mistake it for something else more fantastic like a alien spaceship.

But anyone who can see it decently will know for sure it's a blimp.

TY for the video though, never seen ANYTHING like that before.

Who's idea was it to switch the regular engines with helicopters? That is a really weird twist.

I have no idea what the designers were thinking. I bet they ask themselves wth they were thinking nowadays as well.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129
reply to post by gem_man

Probably some nutjob or hoaxer will take a pic and call UFO...

But these things are BIG and s l o w.

Yep you'd have to have forgot your glasses and be taking things off the hook to fail at identifying a blimp and tagging it UFO

Much less assume it's a alien spaceship.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
this is way too ridiculous to try to make this monster fly .... how is it possible to put so much money in such an a priori dangerous machine !!!
everybody does feel this had to happen : vibrations all over !! this is too crazy, why helicopters ??? why no engines with propellers ??
soit, I also would never take this for a ufo you know, I agree it disappears very fast but not in a way like a ufo does .....

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by gem_man
I have read the government is designing helium filled airships and thought if they were test fyling one it could aesily be mistaked for an alien airship. Click the link and watch the video.
www.liveleak.com...

Gem man.....

This is a CGI hoax.

I'm guessing you knew that!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Originally posted by gem_man
www.liveleak.com...

Gem man.....

This is a CGI hoax.

I'm guessing you knew that!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

Is that sarcasm or do you mean this seriously?

Because OPs video is NOT CGI and it´s not a hoax. It´s real.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Zmurfix

Zmurfix.....

Actually, I've just been discussing this "off line" briefly with 12m8keall2c, who sent me the following links pertaining to the original US Navy project, which I wasn't aware of.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.google.com...

www.piasecki.com...

However.....

The video shows "US Forest Service" on the side of the blimp & the video of the blimp part still looks very CGI'ish to me.

I'm wondering if it's been embellished via the use of CGI.....

I'll look again.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Zmurfix

Zmurfix.....

Yeah.....

Look at the Wiki pic's......the blimp part is completely different.

I still think it might be a CGI embellishment of an existing video.

What are your thoughts?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   

The video shows "US Forest Service" on the side of the blimp & the video of the blimp part still looks very CGI'ish to me.

Because it was made for US Forest Service.

Contrast and compresion makes it little CGI´ish but if you see whole thing you cant say it´s CGI.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zmurfix

Because it was made for US Forest Service.
Contrast and compresion makes it little CGI´ish but if you see whole thing you cant say it´s CGI.

Zmurfix.....

So, you're saying those extremely thick black edges on the blimp part as it buckles are not CGI, but are instead simply caused by video compression problems.....

I guess you're probably right.....

It just looks a little odd.

Oh well.....

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

CGI is my job.
Without that crash part it could be discutable if is it or is not CGI.
But the crash part can´t be faked even with today best technology to be sooo real.

And also I saw it sometime ago on discovery channel so I know it´s not fake but only stupid constructers idea.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Zmurfix

Zmurfix.....

Okeydokey then.....

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I don't know who's crazier

Someone who mistakes that thing as a UFO when it's a classic blimp design just with a crazy twist

or

The person who thought "hey lets weld 4 helo's without their tails to some scaffold and fix it to a blimp"

What exactly were they trying to achieve with that thing ?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Surprised just 1 pilot died in that...

I do not think it is CGI at all, no reason for it to be. Probably more of just a result of digitally converting a rather poor quality video to begin with.

new topics

top topics

join