It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Torijutsu - The Legend

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Hi everyone,

I am a martial artist from the UK and I have always been interested in unusual or rare martial arts. Anyway, my friend said he had heard of this apparantely deadly technique known as 'torijutsu'.

I don't know anyone who practises it, but the legend goes a bit like this:

A few years ago, a guy from Wales who was bloody good at karate decided to study ancient forms of meditation and chi channeling techniques. Apparantely he discovered something amazing and developed a martial art called 'torijutsu'. He gave some kind of free intro session at a gym in North Wales and the few students who were invited were amazed at the things he could do. The story is that all of the students (fully grown men) all attacked him at once and in a heartbeat he sent them all flying accross the room! He later stabbed himself with something sharp and the wound healed in only a few seconds.

What do you think? Has anyone else heard of this? I've found some limited information on google but the whole thing seems shrouded in mystery!

I really want to learn Torijutsu, whatever it is.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by chemistry

Is this it baby ???

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Sounds familiar:

The guy could easily "incapacitate" his trained students, but when it came to stunning the local JJ team or the new reporter herself nothing happened. He's a joke.

I doubt that anyone can teach you magic healing powers or the ability to throw around large groups of men, but i do believe you can learn to block out pain through training like the Shaolin Monks.

These are REAL superhumans:

[edit on 19-7-2010 by Falken]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Thanks for the videos! That looks like cool stuff!

Just found this website:

torijutsu.weebly.com...

Looks like this might be the real deal

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by chemistry

Sounds interesting, scientists have proven that certain methods can allow the user to control his blood flow, so it might be possible he was able to stop himself from bleeding out.

and now that i read that, it bears resemblance to another master who disappeared without teaching his art:

Maybe if you can't find someone to teach you Torijutsu you can take QiGong instead?

[edit on 19-7-2010 by Falken]

top topics

join