It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ultimate Question - Why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
So here is my first thread.

I would like to start by saying - What are we looking for? Why are we looking for it?
What is the point? What is the purpose? What are our choices?

As I grow older, the world seems to be more insane than I had originally thought as each year progresses.

In a country that has the highest security in the world, how did a couple of guys with box cutters living in some caves in Afganistan or Iraq or where ever they came from, hijack some airplanes and crash them into buildings?

Why is there an abundance of food and water and people still starve to death?

Why are they still fighting in Israel and Palestine?

Why do people that do not have the financial means and intelligence still continue to have children?

Why can't we secure our southern border from the invasion of Mexico?

If Aliens do exist and have been here on earth, why wouldn't they have shown themselves by now?

If we have technology that is 50 years ahead of what is available to the public, why isn't it utilized?

What really caused the economic "recession"?

I feel like life is a big game and only a select few actually know the rules and how to play it, while the rest of us are stuck trying to figure it out and are suffering and starving in the process. It's like some cruel joke. I feel that something is not right, but the information to explain it all is not simple. Why?

Why is it ok for some to get rich and some to starve to death?

Something in the world does not feel right - I have felt this way my entire life - But only recently - 2009 - is when I started to see that things are not right.

I voted for Obama and I haven't seen any hope or change. Not the kind that would benefit me anyway.

Are people really that greedy? Is the government really trying to control us? For what? Money? Is this life only about monetary gain? A flat screen TV with every channel you can think of? An SL63 AMG?

I have made a personal choice to not ever have children in this world because what would they have to live for? They would grow up around mostly idiots that would corrupt my child. Do I want to put a child through that?

It seems that this world is a will to power and nothing besides...
A place I would never wish any new children to live through.

So where do go from here?

What causes change? Well first a plan, and then action. So what exactly would be the plan? What action would need to be taken?

I think that if everyone stopped having children, there would be no one left to control. If there is no one left to control, we can get back to our roots as humans.

I'm sorry if I'm ranting, but this place is getting crazy!!! My mother couldn't find work here so she moved to Georgia - Still no luck finding work. My company may shut our office down and I may soon be looking for work. Everywhere I look, someone is panhandling for money or food here in Sacramento. Where are the jobs? Where are the morals? What happened to us as a species? If anyone has some insight as to what is going on, please post. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by breakonthrough9

Dear breakonthrough9

The answer to why are there the problem is very simple “greed”

The answer to eliminating the problems is again very simple “rid the world of greed”

Good Luck.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

Sounds like a simple answer, but why is it so complicated? Is that why we are here? To experience greed? Is that our lesson on earth and our purpose? Greed? I can understand how no matter what you have, it could always be better....but really? Eliminate greed and that will solve everything? Eliminating greed sounds like next to impossible. Well not impossible, but will require a huge amount of effort by a large amount of people.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

the ultimate answer why not

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

What are we looking for?

Most don't know, we basically want to be happy and become content - our social and economic structures and the people in positions of power aren't and continually try to delude us to our true natures and potentials by making happyness in being content abnormal.

They make us seek happyness outside ourselves.

Why are we looking for it?

We are here to evolve physically, mentally and spiritually, to help others do the same and to better our world as we seek perfection.

Most don't take the time to meditate and contemplate on how to go about this, so instead we settle for short term ego gratification (again and again and again) as a way of drowning out the Truth.

What is the point?

You get by giving - somewhere down the line Divine Justice will be enacted upon you and justice will be done.

Everything evolves.

What is the purpose?

To evolve and help evolve.

What are our choices?

Live by and through Love - or - live by and through fear.

All the evil in this world stems at its root, from fear.

In a country that has the highest security in the world, how did a couple of guys with box cutters living in some caves in Afganistan or Iraq or where ever they came from, hijack some airplanes and crash them into buildings?

With some powerful help.

Why is there an abundance of food and water and people still starve to death?

Because its not profitable to feed them.

Why are they still fighting in Israel and Palestine?

Imperialism.

Why do people that do not have the financial means and intelligence still continue to have children?

Because people are programmed to think that is normal. Anyone who has more than 2 children from this day forward is an idiot (unless you're an astronaut or immune to aids for example)

Population Levels Stabilizing, Says Author Fred Pearce On Jon Stewart (VIDEO)

Why can't we secure our southern border from the invasion of Mexico?

Arizona was part of Mexico, along with California, Texas and New Mexico not all that long ago.

There are economic and political reasons why securing the border isn't a priority.

If Aliens do exist and have been here on earth, why wouldn't they have shown themselves by now?

Maybe because we are still too primitive.

If we have technology that is 50 years ahead of what is available to the public, why isn't it utilized?

Because there is alot of money to be made in between.

What really caused the economic "recession"?

The fallacy that Capitalism works - each dollar is bought by the government from the Reserve Banks (privately owned) with debt already attached.

1 dollar is bought for examples sake $1.10c - the only way to pay that debt is to buy more money, and so it goes on.

Massive banks and corporations use recessions etc as a means to buy up smaller competitors and consolidate power.

I feel like life is a big game and only a select few actually know the rules and how to play it, while the rest of us are stuck trying to figure it out and are suffering and starving in the process. It's like some cruel joke. I feel that something is not right, but the information to explain it all is not simple. Why?

Why is it ok for some to get rich and some to starve to death?

It's not.

Are people really that greedy?

10% are.

Is the government really trying to control us?

Most governments exist to facilitate corporate growth, and maintain law and order as a means to prevent anything or anyone from getting in the way of this.

For what? Money?

Basically.

Is this life only about monetary gain?

No, though thats what they want us to think.

Its about evolution of the mind, body and soul and the planet we live on.

I have made a personal choice to not ever have children in this world because what would they have to live for?

I have made a similar choice, I don't think my genes are good enough to pass on and I would prefer to adopt one or more of the millions of kids who are already alive and need parents.

They would grow up around mostly idiots that would corrupt my child. Do I want to put a child through that?

They'd only grow up around idiots if you put them among idiots.

So where do go from here?

Forward.

What causes change?

Individuals and eventually critical mass.

Well first a plan, and then action. So what exactly would be the plan?

Each would have their own relative to their own circumstances. See my signature.

What action would need to be taken?

One of the biggest impacts you can have on the world besides and/or including the way you conduct your self, is being aware of and fully conscious of where and how and on what you spend money on.

Consider every cent a vote towards the future you want to see.

Do you want multinational corporations running the world?

Where are the jobs?

Tough question, here in Australia they are out in regional areas. But growth areas into the future will be Green Industries and Mental Health I suspect.

Where are the morals?

Out there to find and inside us.

What happened to us as a species?

Our clarity of thought has been diluted as a way of promoting individualism and corporate growth.

Pretty pithy replies, but real is still out there, you just have to find it and work with what you got.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I have come to the same conclusion about having progeny but for differant reasons..

I am not a eugenist nor do I think the world will be so horrible in the future that it would be cruel to bring children into it....

I do however realize that I am barely emotionally stable enough to care for myself let alone nurture and raise a child.

I dont like the idea of "culling the population." I do however have much appreciation for those who realize what they are and are not ready for, emotionally and financially.

financial eugenics however is a whole differant thread...

Respectfully Yours,

~meathead

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Dear breakonthrough9

My grandmother born 1897 said

“money is the root of all evil”

She was right.

We have the elite and we have us.
It has always been that way, the way it looks it always will be that way.

Communism did not work. Why? Answer “people”

Capitalism doesn’t work Why “people”

We have to take away money and work for the good of the whole, in return you get what you need not what you want.

If we want to reach the 23rd century this has to be the way.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by MAC269]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Hello Breakonthrough9,
I feel the same as you, on every count. Well stated (questioned!)
I wonder how many others on this planet feel this way, and why we can't formulate a shared journey towards a better life for all. It seems that the few rich, powerful ones are quite adept at working in tandem for their own common good. Why can't we? There are so many more of us, it seems, who care for truth over power.

As a side-note, I apparently used to have a lovely pair of rose-colored glasses, and lived life undaunted by injustices. It's not like I didn't care. I just didn't really see it for what it was. Also, I think things really have gotten worse in terms of corruption. Seems like some folks in the world are just blatant with it, no apology whatsoever.

Or... some of us really ARE waking up. Evolving to a higher consciousness that carries with it a stronger sense of fairness and love and conscience for fellow travelers on Spaceship Earth.

Sorry for the stream-of-consciousness type reply. You just got me thinking, that's all. Don't give up on us. Keep the faith!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

I really, really like the way you think. Your answers fed my soul. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269

Dear breakonthrough9

My grandmother born 1897 said

“money is the root of all evil”

She was right.

We have the elite and we have us.
It has always been that way, the way it looks it always will be that way.

Communism did not work. Why? Answer “people”

Capitalism doesn’t work Why “people”

We have to take away money and work for the good of the whole, in return you get what you need not what you want.

If we want to reach the 23rd century this has to be the way.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by MAC269]

money is a religion, that's why it is the root of all evil since all religions are.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I thought this was answered before... 64 is the answer

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by eurocrates

Dear eurocrates

No religion I have ever heard of is evil, ok unless you call Satan worship a religion.

Anyway you get my point.

The evil is in the power in the religion not the religion itself.

In other words the people which comes back to what I said “greed” greed for money greed for power. Same same.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Whenever I rant about lifes many foibles my wife reminds me that life isn't fair. Its mostly about the money with total control over others facilitating that process of accumilating wealth. All the crappy things that happen in this process (starvation,cruelty,wars,etc.)are just a byproduct of mans nature (I've got mine and I'm keeping it) This would explain why some people that have more money than most countries GDP continue to keep piling it up. After reading ATS sites for over a year,I came to an insight into the root goals of the elite. This will explain your uneasy feeling about world events,if you would indulge me.

The only thing that I could take comfort in with all of these uncontrollable events was the fact that most of these mean self serving meglamaniacs eventually died like the rest of us. Or do they? If you recall the cloning that was being done a few years back you could ask yourself why spend that kind of money on something that happens quite nicely without the cloning.I've noticed that they have also successfully transplanted monkeys heads. Also,they are beginning to integrate brain matter with computer chips. You see where this is going don't you?

I believe the endgame would see most of us knuckle draggers gone and the the remaining scumbags will be popping their peabrains into a fresh new cloned body which would overcome the rejection problem. Not only that but the brain would be enhanced by chips and the body will be rid of any negative genes and augmented by genes with more desirable traits.Recall the geno project? Mapping the entire human genome? Its all making sense now,to me at least.

The only part that I still don't understand is, why destroy the planet and the various species on it? Whats the point of immortality if you are living in a devistated war zone? My take on all of the things that are happening today, besides disgust at being part of a species that is so cruel and evil, is that to move on we have to do it together . If some of us feel that they are more deserving to the exclusion of the rest of us than think again. Your energy is not compatable with the creators end game. I believe that life has a purpose and that is to rid ourselves of the negativities we carry. This happens through life experience. If the elite have any real purpose in life ,it would be to show us the wrong path. Take comfort in that.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier

Consider every cent a vote towards the future you want to see

That's a great quote right there! It's going up on my facebook... thanks!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Hi,
You cannot question life, because without life, purpose wouldn't exist.
Therefore, there can be no other purpose for life than life itself.
What you are going to do with your life is your own choice, and sadly it is what most people are lacking, and even more sadly, some people have chosen to make the life of other people harder in order to live in luxury or fulfill their pathetic needs.
I myself haven't found a reason to life yet either, except to experience the overall beauty of life and the horrors and depths of it, too.

Good luck finding your way of life.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Hello Everyone - Thanks for all of the replies. I would have stayed in the conversation last night, but I was pretty tired.

So it seems that this will be an ongoing process for the rest of our lives, which is what I figured anyway. The world can't change overnight you know.

The ideas brought to the table have helped though so thank you all.

@ghostsoldier - I will check out the vids you posted in a bit and your short answers were good, got me thinking and that's what this is about right? Once we stop thinking and live in bubbles and let the TV program us, we have lost the battle and possibly the war.

@Mike Stivic - I know what you mean and feel the same way - I don't feel that I'm emotionally or financially stable enough to support children either and it would probably be best to adopt one of the millions of children without parents. My problem with adoption though is all the hoops you have to jump through to adopt. If they would do the same for anyone wanting to have children by natural means, it would probably weed out quite a few lemons in society - but at the same time, having a licence to breed is against freedom.

@Mac269 - You are right. I wish we could reach that point one day - But then we aren't free to do what we want. We would still be slaves to society. I would be ok with supporting a society like that, but I know many people that would not unfortunately. It starts with conditioning from day 1. Once we are able to teach our children that their works are to benefit mankind as a whole, we can reach that point.

@new_here - I sure hope a lot of people feel this way. Something just isn't right and change is needed. I always try to seek truth no matter how harsh it is. To me its much more important to see things the way they truly are, no matter how ugly. Rose-colored glasses are nice once in a while for break as things can get intense and you can become insane thinking about this stuff too much.
) Anyway, I will keep the faith in humanity and try new things and seek out new ideas as always.

@eurocrates - Oh boy religion. Don't get me started on that one - That will be another thread in the future. But my basic thought on that is this - Religion is a tool used to control people. Sometimes its a good thing and sometimes its a bad thing. Religion can turn a meth addict into a positive person that now has a job and can find the better things in life. Religion can also create greed and evil - a way to control people for their own agenda or financial gain. I personally believe in a higher power, but do not attend church. Anyway, maybe we can talk more on that subject later....

Everyone else that has replied, I will get back to you in a bit....I have to go get some rockstar's....

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
@woodkitten - That is very interesting. My wife kinda says the same thing as well, life just isn't fair. So with that said, maybe it was never meant to be - not here on earth anyway. I start thinking about the millions of stars and galaxies out there and think, maybe this blue dot is merely a pit stop. Of course there are no facts to support this within the 5 senses we have, but a sort of 6th sense tells me otherwise.

@Incarnating - I hear that. Purpose. But what exactly is it? So far my purpose in life has been to work, earn money, pay bills, love my wife, dog and family, and enjoy the beauty of the earth. Is that it though? Is there something more I'm missing? I wonder if I'm in the wrong kind of work because I really don't like what I do but was taught that really doesn't matter, but maybe it does. We all are supposed to work to live, not the other way around. But where is this headed? I sure hope its interesting whatever it is.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
money is not the root of all evil.

the greed FOR money is the root.

but then again, nothing is neither good nor bad 'cept thinking makes it so.

evil must be done but woe unto those that do it.

nothing is happening.

you have a choice to identify with mind and body, or remain the undivided consciousness.

when you can do this, please teach me.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by orangutang

And greed stems from fear.

top topics

join