It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message of Thanks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I don't want to get maudlin here, but there is something I want to say.

I live in the southeast, in one of the coastal states. I have traveled the U.S. widely, and have always gotten the impression that nobody really gave a rat's derriere about the southeast. It's sometimes misunderstood, and often criticized.
Due to our history, I guess we are an easy target for that.

People admire New Orleans because of the food and music, mardi gras. It's unique culture. And they like Miami, well because Miami is Miami. And Atlanta is on the upswing. But for the rest......I thought everyone thought the rest was completely expendable, and without any merit whatsoever.

During this oil crisis, (and yes I know it's not yet over, but I've got my fingers crossed) you guys have been wonderful. There have been displays of concern that have brought tears to my eyes, literally.

At one point we advanced to the recognition that it could become a global issue.
But your concern showed way before that.

People from Canada, Australia, Norway, Finland and all over. People from the interior states, who would never get a whiff of oil. All of you, caring.

Showing concern for the eleven who died; for the marine life and ecosystem, for the coastal people's economy being destroyed, and their way of life seriously compromised. You showed concern for all of it. You made it a political issue, an earth issue, an economic issue, as well as a human one.

You made it a huge ATS issue. I didn't feel isolated in the least, or alone in my worries and distress. It helped me, to see you care.

And I was touched by it. I will always be touched by it.

Thank you guys, for being the people you are. For being you.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Bless your heart. You have shown the same caring for others in distress.

It is a community!

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

I don't know how I missed this, thank you for writing it and sharing your feelings, no matter where you are from in this great country people step up to the plate, that is what is unique about our country, we take care of our own in any we can. It may seem at times no one cares but you know how it is, we are all busy taking care of families and trying to get through this horrendous economy, those who are having problems of their own still drop everything when something happens and do what they can, sometimes it's only a prayer or tear.

join