It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP says oil has stopped leaking from Gulf well

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

BP says oil has stopped leaking from Gulf well

www.bbc.co.uk

BP says it has temporarily stopped oil flowing into the Gulf of Mexico from its leaking well.

It is the first time the flow has stopped since an explosion on the Deepwater Horizon rig on 20 April.
US Oil Spill
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Don't get your hopes up...

The well has been sealed with a cap as part of a test of its integrity that could last up to 48 hours.

Shame.
I particularly like this bit:

BP chief operating officer Doug Suttles emphasised that there was no reason for "celebration" yet, particularly for those in areas already damaged by oil.

The job is not finished...

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Eveyone should go to the poseiden rov 1 cam from BP.....the rov is examining what looks like FAULT LINES and CRACKS IN THE SEA BED....CHECK IT OUT....JUST GOOGLE POSEIDEN ROV1

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Oh....and as I was watching, the camera panned around to a large fissure and it got very blurry as if something were in the water. It reminded me of looking down an asphalt road on a very hot day.....you know the way it looks like water? THAT is what it looked like above the fissure....like gas escaping maybe? If you watch long enough maybe you will see what I am referring to. Very odd.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
The very last line of the story was not really related to the story but it was the first I'd heard of it.

A Congressional committee has agreed measures that would ban the firm from new offshore drilling for seven years.

Is this new?

new topics

top topics

join