It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underwater Biosphere Under Development

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Underwater Biosphere Under Development

www.happynews.com

A design is being developed for an underwater living, working and researching facility.
The Sub-Biosphere 2 is a self-sustainable underwater long-term habitat, designed by British concept artist Philip Pauley and visualized by Pauley Interactive. Inspired by the American Biosphere 2 Project from the 1980s, the Sub-Biosphere 2 (SBS2) is a fully self-sustainable world with the ability to raise and lower itself from sea level to the sea floor.
The SBS2 has eight separate Biomes for human habitat
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.greenmuze.com
www.inhabitat.com

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
How cool is this? One step closer to building a moon base

This is a great project, and I believe completely feasible. This will give us further insights into sustainability and also into the our most unknown resource! It has been said many times that we know more about the surface of the moon than our own oceans here on Earth.

I think that projects like this capture peoples imaginations, and can only increase interest in maintaining delicate ecosystems. Our most pressing environmental issues are sustainability of resources, and in particular efficient water and waste management. I hope this project is picked up and receives the funding it requires, because lets face it there is plenty of money going to less worthy causes.

Anyway thought I would do my part to raise awareness! The more interest things like this receive the better, and the more popular this concept becomes the greater the chance the scientists and engineers behind it, will receive adequate funding.

Mods this might be more suited to the Science an Tech forum.

www.happynews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
With the way BP's going were gonna need it.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Very true, we'll need one for us and one for all the fishes!

I seen on your thread they have gone some way to stopping it now though!

join