It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shares of Vivus up on FDA review of diet drug

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

(Reuters) - The first potential new prescription weight-loss pill in more than a decade works, according to FDA staff who also flagged safety concerns that Wall Street deemed benign enough to bet the drug will ultimately hit pharmacy shelves.

Source

OK. The Corporations, via the US Government, are attacking vitamins, organics and healthy alternatives for processed frakenfoods.

Technology is supposed to be some sort of savior for humanity but it is separating us completely from each other. Save of course the collective unconscious known as Twitter/Facebook.

Does anyone find it odd that pharmacology companies continue to look for the miracle weight loss pill?

IMO this is required because they realize all the basterdized food we ingest is lowering our life expectancy and they know that is bad for long-term profits. There is also the need to keep people happy and consuming the artificial food they are making for us.

We should all go back to growing community gardens and sustaining local farmers versus multi-nationals.

Peace

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Yep...they'll throw it out there for a price (most likely astronomical per dose!) and MANY will jump on it/get insurance companies to cover the cost due to their "emotional distress and inability to lose weight on their own..."

Then in a couple of years,there will be yet another round of class-action and other lawsuits because of "side effects" and dis-satisfied people who can't continue to either pay for it or take it without said side-effects.

There IS no miracle drug...eat less/workout more is about the only real solution,sorry.Eat cleaner food and less of it.

Somehow those of us who DO just that will end up paying...

ALL drugs are poison: it's just when the "good" they can do outweighs the "bad..."

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

I fail to see how it is an attack on healthy foods...

I always have healthy food available to me along with a gym.

That has been plenty for me.

If idiots with no self control want to spend their money on the pill, then I can not blame a company for filling the demand.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

Sure. This becomes an attack when they can control weight gain. Today Monsanto sells growth hormones to farmers to get dairy cows to produce more milk. The result has been kids are growing up faster and getting fatter quicker. Processed food is another contributor.

We are what we eat so to speak.

Once science figures out how to combat the side effects of consuming the growth hormones in milk and meat they will finalize the bills like BR 875 that prevent organic farming.

You are correct. Today you have choices. But assuming those choices will remain forever is a bad move. We need to defend our ability to choose and not chalk these up to solutions for lazy people.

There is always a broader agenda. Think iceberg!

[edit on 13-7-2010 by zroth]

top topics

join