It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Believers verses Skeptics, the REAL thread, UFO's and the division

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by PsychoX42

If you cannot find enough proof to change your mind concerning this topic, then I would say that there isn't enough proof in the Universe to open the closed mind that you have shut and locked like a trap. Remember that word...TRAP; because essentially, that is all that you have put yourself into.

Not an attack? Accusing someone of having a closed mind sure sounds more like someone coming from a imagined superior point of view rather than a balanced statement.

So who has the closed mind? Someone who believes that there is no other explanation for a light in the sky than an extraterrestrial craft? Or someone who understands that things are not always what they appear to be? That our eyes lie to us. That our minds have a tendency to "fill in the blanks" when they don't have enough information. That our imagination can lead us down the wrong path entirely?

How about using that imagination for something like this; "Hmmm. I wonder if what I'm looking at is smaller than I think. I wonder if it is closer than I think. I wonder if it might be a balloon. Yes, I can imagine to be a balloon. In fact, the more I look at it, the more it looks like a balloon." Is that a closed mind or is it an abuse of imagination.

I see, still focused on the past as opposed the present are we? That quote will somehow be the end of me. I guess you had to go to where you felt most comfortable. On the offensive. It is quite the pleasure watching you operate, you have to understand that.

I understand though, it seems you have quite a few people who are quite dependent on how well you do here. You obviously have more at stake here than I do in how this argument turn out, so, I'll do the adult thing...I surrender. And you can tell everyone how you have slain the beast. They will believe you. It seems they always do.

Namaste and Love

[edit on 11-7-2010 by PsychoX42]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Everyone is getting angry again...

Quick!

More relaxing music!

No, that won't do, damn vuvuzelas are everywhere!

Relax, no more us and them!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Well you made a claim on another thread re a video I gave you this challange you have not answered HAVE YOU so whats wrong

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So if you were so confident to make your claim about the object in the video why wont you do this you have more information to go on but seem VERY reluctant to answer I wonder why

[edit on 11-7-2010 by wmd_2008]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Well you made a claim on another thread re a video I gave you this challange you have not answered HAVE YOU so whats wrong

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So if you were so confident to make your claim about the object in the video why wont you do this you have more information to go on but seem VERY reluctant to answer I wonder why

[edit on 11-7-2010 by wmd_2008]

Oh silly me, I left that thread some time ago. I guess the relevance just wore off.

I'm sorry, did you actually want an answer to that question? I thought it was rhetorical.

Namaste and Love

[edit on 11-7-2010 by PsychoX42]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

The past? You mean the topic of the thread? You mean the OP?

Your thread is no different that the plethora of other threads on exactly the same theme. You make the claim that skeptics claim that there is no such thing as extraterrestrial life (there may be some, somewhere, but I haven't seen one). You make the claim that skeptics insist that UFOs don't exist (of course there are unrecognized phenomena in the sky). You make the claim that skeptics are incapable of seeing the "truth" because of their closed minds (I say that skeptics are more capable because they are able to look at more sides than the alien angle).

BTW, ultraviolet radiation has nothing to do with another "dimension".

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

The past? You mean the topic of the thread? You mean the OP?

Your thread is no different that the plethora of other threads on exactly the same theme. You make the claim that skeptics claim that there is no such thing as extraterrestrial life (there may be some, somewhere, but I haven't seen one). You make the claim that skeptics insist that UFOs don't exist (of course there are unrecognized phenomena in the sky). You make the claim that skeptics are incapable of seeing the "truth" because of their closed minds (I say that skeptics are more capable because they are able to look at more sides than the alien angle).

BTW, ultraviolet radiation has nothing to do with another "dimension".

Hey, I told ya man...you win. I surrender. You definitely put me in my place. This way, everyone saves face, right?

Namaste and Love

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I think what Phage is saying is that in order for something to be true, it must match consensus reality.

Consensus reality, however, evolves at a very slow pace, and cannot keep pace with individual reality. Application of the scientific method is consensus reality's tool for discovery and integration of new phenomenon.

Those who experience unexplained phenomenon are ultimately the drivers of this process, whether the observer is an astrophysicist or the night watchman at a cemetery.

Consensus reality itself is not the Truth, it is simply a commodities market for observed phenomenon.

Truth itself is only contained within the beholder. Each one of us must determine what is True, because individual life experience does not equal the commodities market of consensus reality.

Does this make sense to you?

Peace and love,

Namaste.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
OK and on that note....

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join