It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP Cuts Payments to 40,000, La. Official Says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
BP Cuts Payments to 40,000, La. Official Says

(AP) BP has decided to reduce payments to tens of thousands of people whose claim files are incomplete, the secretary of Louisiana's Department of Children and Family Services said.

"This action is irresponsible and in complete contrast to BP's repeated promise that they will 'make things right,'" the secretary, Kristy Nichols, wrote in a letter sent Friday to federal oil spill claims administrator Kenneth Feinberg.

It was not immediately clear how severe the payment cuts would be. BP did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Nichols said her department discovered the change after reviewing BP's Thursday claims summary, which showed a significant cut in daily payments.

Well there ya have it. BP feels that it can trump the deck. It can kill children and destroy another country's economic and ecologic systems and it believes that that country and it's people are invaluable enough to llive upto it's promises.

I feel like I'm on a ride at a local carnival... now I'm hurling....

This spin has got to go!!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
while this story sounds really bad,
I'm sure we don't know the whole story.

BP may be ridding itself of false or fraudulent claims.

It would have been better if BP had of commented
on the story to give reasons for this. But their silence
only emphasizes the negative aspect of this story.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Megiddodiddo

Well there ya have it. BP feels that it can trump the deck. It can kill children and destroy another country's economic and ecologic systems and it believes that that country and it's people are invaluable enough to llive upto it's promises.

Sorry mate i've got to pull you up on this one if your talking about British Petrolium !

You see they changed it's name without telling anyone in the UK from

Bp=British Petrolium

To

Bp=Bp

yeah i know it's fraud if you or i tryed that trick but whilst we are on the subject the USA owns about 40% of Bp and our queen owns another big part, not that we are not too concerned with her loss.

Now lets throw in Haliburton put bad cement in hole just before it blew up and it was Bp working as a contractor for an american company and american politicians that granted the saftey certificates and drilling permits.

Most workers on the rig were american and it was not the british that could not put the fires out on the rig before it sank or that the rig was rented as was the BoP

Only thing on that rig that was british was, well, err , well we don't make anything anymore so stop pointing the finger at us and try asking goldman sach why they sold 44% state in Bp just before the leak and Haliburton why it brought up a oil disaster company weeks before it was needed and why in the world did the goverment stop early clean up efforts by telling local states that they needed permits and then delaying the permits.

See

Haliburton & Bp

but let me put the boot in to that all american president you have (yeah i know)

Golden Sachs was the largest contributor to the Obama campaign. B.P. was the second largest contributor. Golden Sachs was holding 250 million dollars worth of B.P. stock. Just before this all happened they dumped it all. Sold it all off. Up until a year ago, the chairman of Golden Sachs International was also the Chairman of B.P. oil. This administration was very upset about climate gate. That's when all the truth came out about man made global warming being a set up. All false information. If you recall, last night in Obamas speech, towards the end, he talked about Cap and Trade. Which is really cap and tax. I'll leave it at that. So, you tell me what you think. This is all verifiable.BP Was Founding Member of ‘Cap-and-Trade’ Lobby .

Source
if you want a punch up over this isue then may i sugest you look towards a bit of sand in the middle east that keeps popping up in the news brother.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
So people are accusing BP of destroying people's lives and an entire country?

Excuse but do the following ring any bells?: Korea, Vietnam, Afganistan and Iraq...

I think this is a case of pot calling kettle black

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Why cut checks to a bunch of dead people.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

join