It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beliefs in "UFOs" no different from "religious beliefs"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Yeah were on the same page.

Thanks for the link to the 'warp drive' as the people in the thread will realize that although it is theoretical there is nothing in physics that shows it is impossible.

I did a whole bunch of reading on this and it's implications and I was in amazement the whole time, absolutely fascinating science.

I like the anti-matter drive as it seems like it is going to be the most likely form of massive amounts of energy, pending some new breakthroughs. One of the most efficient forms of fuel!!

I was reading, in I think Kaku's book, that anti matter is about 4 trillion a gram, now thats some expensive fuel. I think when we get a better grasp of understanding on the universe and we can find a source of anti-matter, that will be a real advance. When we can actually try experiments, because we have an abundance, I am sure the scientists of that time, hopefully us, will have a blast.

Also the worm hole 'bridges' are a possibility because that is theoretically possible as well. We just need matter that expands rather than disintegrates to keep the hole open for long enough. We might have to worry about being sucked into a string of radiation as well. But if we could figure out how to keep it open our science better advance enough to combat the forces involved.

See, when you talk about physics, to me it is sci-fi. When people call all these things science fiction that proves how much they are not involved in the science world because as the saying goes 'truth is stranger than fiction.'

Thanks for the conversation buddy.

Pred...

See now this is what I am talking about. If we had 10,000 more years we will be visiting other species in the universe as well, pending our possible self destruction. Who is there to say that other intelligent species would not do the same? And who is to say they have not already done it, the science is there, the technology and power is not.

But we as a species keep burning dinosaurs and plants for fuel, we need a better energy source, and hopefully it is sooner than later.

<< 1  2   >>

join