It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LEAKED: Chemicals in Gulf oil (unconfirmed)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

LEAKED: Chemicals in Gulf oil (unconfirmed)

www.sfgate.com

Also I was sent another tip that Corexit 9500 also has Dihydrogen Monoxide but I can't confirm this because Nalco will not reveal if Dihydrogen Monoxide is in fact a secret ingredient in Corexit 9500. At any rate, more information is good and if DHMO is in Corexit, it's really bad and nasty stuff. It mutates DNA, denatures proteins, disrupts cell membranes, and chemically alter critical neurotransmitters. The atomic components of DHMO are found in a number of fun stuff such as caustic, explosive and poisonous compounds such as Sulfuric Acid, Nitroglycerine and Ethyl Alcohol.

Read more: ht
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Aparantly this leak shows what's in the oil.

Some crazy stuff!

Take a look.

If confirmed, this shows how toxic the oil and Corexit is, and together. If confirmed, this means that most of the gulf is likely in for a lot of mutant 3 eyes fish with 2 jaws on their heads.

Lovely. Just freaking lovely!

www.sfgate.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I got this in an e-mail

The Invisible Killer
Dihydrogen monoxide is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and kills uncounted
thousands of people every year. Most of these deaths are caused by accidental
inhalation of DHMO, but the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide do not end there.
Prolonged exposure to its solid form causes severe tissue damage.
Symptoms of DHMO ingestion can include excessive sweating and urination, and
possibly a bloated feeling, nausea, vomiting and body electrolyte imbalance.
For those who have become dependent, DHMO withdrawal means certain death.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
It's not really news to a lot of people that it might or does contain dihydrogen monoxide (water) and worse things. There are quite a few threads here about Corexit that discuss it or point to links and news articles about it and it's effects.

There's a new thread here this week as well where the OP traces Corexit's ownership and shows that it was picked over another dispersant with a 7.9 safety rating (lower is better) to Corexit's 54.

Here's a link to a page that contains some real information about it and the effects of all the pollutants being created and released.

[edit on 7/8/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Dear Lord! DHMO will kill us all!!!!!

Seriously? Just hold your breath, okay?

It's true, DHMO is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and I'm sure lots of people die from drowning in it each year.

That's right, DHMO is ...wait for it.... water.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

the beast from the abyss!!!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Your OP is a joke, right?

... because dihydrogen monoxide is H2O, otherwise known as good old fashioned water. Reread the article with that knowledge and you will see it is entirely tongue-in-cheek.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by endless_observer

You sir, beat me to it..

I believe there was an experiment done years ago where they set up a fake petition signing to ban DHMO just to reveal how inept some people were to chemical nomenclature.

Sorry Gorman, I love your signature, but you've fallen for someone's idea of a sick joke.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
LOL. Did I fall for that trick?

Damnit. I POSTED WARNING SIGNS UP AT SCHOOL ON APRIL FOOLS DAY!

I feel like such an arse now.

Thanks guys. I failed.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
most of the gulf is likely in for a lot of mutant 3 eyes fish with
2 jaws on their heads.

ummmm
this could apply to humans as well
could it not???

Zombie Apocalypse anyone???
Don't drink the water !!!! lol

[edit on 8-7-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/46dea5b3a281.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by OuttaHere

I wish. I freaking missed that. I was the first one to get that joke when it started a few years back. No I play the other half of the game:

Feeling retarded.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

No worries. The farce was exposed in quick fashion and a few people will learn something new today. Nothing lost when you learn something new =)

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Skunk Works or HOAX forums are in your very near future!

The DMHO joke is played out, it has been done too many times before, and it is inappropriate for this very serious disaster as it unfolds in the Gulf. 11 people are dead from the explosion, 2 have died while on the cleanup crews, and at least 160 are ill due to the toxicity in the water and air.

In addition, the Gulf Coast way of life is quickly dying. Tourists are gone, Crayfish (Crawfish/Crawdads) are unsafe to eat, Oysters are unsafe, Shrimp are unsafe, Fishermen are out of work, all of my favorite little beach bars have closed up shop.

This is not funny. Not funny at all.

Sorry. Poor Taste.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I agree.

That's why I feel so horrible for falling for it.

Just close the thread.

bah.

link   
Nope. I moved it to DEEPWATER.

The idea being: This is what the system does to dilute the effort to find the truth.

Perhaps Disinformation would have been a better choice, but since it hinges on the DEEPWATER leak.... here it is.

No offense OP, and don't be too embarrassed because many MANY have fallen for this and other such 'jokes' before.

link   
From an artesian well in northern Minnesota, the DHMO is none of the following: colorless, tasteless, odorless. You do feel quite well (pun hehe) after drinking it for a few days however. God bless vitamins and minerals.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Thanks man.

Now that I think about it, this is kind of irresponsible for the newspaper. It really borders on legitimately joking about millions of sick and dying people.

To have fallen into their joke is bad. To have spread it makes me feel worse.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
This is no worse than than the BP coffee spill video. We've have nothing but bad news for almost 80 days now. We could all use a little chuckle.

new topics

top topics

join