It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Saddam to be turned over to Iraqi Government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 01:54 AM
link   
The ball is rolling on the trial of Saddam Hussein for crimes against his fellow Iraqis. According to as statement today by interim Prime Minister Iyad Allawi, Saddam will be turned over by American forces to the new Iraqi government within two weeks. His trial will be preceded by those of lesser former officials and aids, in an attempt to strengthen the case against him.

Reuters

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (Reuters) - Saddam Hussein will be handed over to the new Iraqi government for trial within two weeks, Iraq 's interim Prime Minister Iyad Allawi said Monday.

"Saddam and the others will be handed over to the Iraqis, to the government," he told to Arab television station Al Jazeera, adding that the trials would start "as soon as possible."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

VCR Alert. This could be bigger than OJ.

[edit on 6/16/04 by Seth Bullock]

[edit on 6-16-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I saw a video clip of Bush angrily protesting the decision of returning Sadaam. Bush states that Sadaam should remain in Jail for the rest of his life.

*where is the death penalty when you need it

** My respect for Bush has grown a little over this, but not to the point where I would want him to serve in office for another four years

*** Bush's America going to war without the consent of the United Nations was just stupid

new topics

join