It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ban Islamic extremist preachers says MP Michael Johnson

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Ban Islamic extremist preachers says MP Michael Johnson

www.heraldsun .com.au

PREACHERS of Islamic extremism should be barred from Australia, a federal MP has said.

Michael Johnson, a lower house independent, has also called for a debate on banning the burqa.

He said Prime Minister Julia Gillard and his former boss, Opposition Leader Tony Abbott, needed to repudiate the leadership of Hizb ut-Tahrir, a global Islamic group which wants Australian Muslims to reject democracy.

"Join together and repudiate the extremism of this global movement and ... guarantee that none of its international preachers ever receive a visa to step on to Australian soil again," Mr Jo
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Democracy is a myth anyway, so in that regard I agree with the Islamic groups.

I guess he's another politician wanting to draw attention away from important issues, by generating a wave of predjudical fear.

The whole issue of free speech is what concerns me. Even if what the preacher has to say is total crap, he should have a right to prove how full of crap he is by being allowed to speak.

After all, the MP gets his right to say that the preacher should be banned!

www.heraldsun .com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Why just Islamic extremists, though?

Speaking as an American, I'd rather the christian extremists shut the hell up. Why? 'Cause there are a lot more of them, and history has shown that they're way way WAY more likely to murder, rape, terrorize, bomb, mutilate, and massacre us than American Muslims.

Not sure about Australia, but I imagine it still holds true.

new topics

join