It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Constitution Loving Americans" support for a Anti-Constitutional Bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
This is a response to This Thread , and the response to This proposed bill

These so called "Constitution Loving Americans" have been hammering us with sound bites about how we should all respect the constitution , follow it , etc , etc.
Well , now this is the time to show your true colours , is the so called pro-constitutionalism a truth sentiment or a farce with agenda driven political scam?.

Let me give you a lesson (From a non-american)

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Yep , is there , loud and clear , a person born in the United States is a Citizen , oh and the most important bit "No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States".

I guess the Question is , will your political agendas get in the way of your Pro Constitution sentiment? , from the response i have read so far .. you abandoned the constitution in favour of political agenda.

Your founding fathers are screaming shame , from wherever they are.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by WXBackdoor]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Wow that's pretty obviously unconstitutional.

Really not much more to say.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by WXBackdoor

Yeah you are right that bill would be unconstitutional in my mind. To me, that bill does nothing to solve the true problem of people hopping the fence.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by WXBackdoor

Perhaps a little education is in order.

Because the Constitution codifies our natural rights, it applies to all people regardless of where they were born. Since rights come from God and not from government, where you were born has absolutely nothing to do with what rights you have.

The United States at the time of its founding actually needed people to come and work here. When you have very limited government and very little welfare, the economy will grow at such a pace that the existing workforce is not enough to fill all of the vacant jobs created.

Today people are mad at illegal immigration because the massive amount of government regulation and taxation along with the fraudulent monetary system has made jobs extremely scarce. People are also mad because we now have a massive welfare state which means tax paying productive citizens must now fund illegal immigrants who do not pay into the tax system.

If government was limited, welfare was limited, and we had a system of sound money, there would be no argument over illegal immigration because we would be begging Mexicans to come up here and work for us.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by WXBackdoor
This is a response to This Thread , and the response to This proposed bill

These so called "Constitution Loving Americans" have been hammering us with sound bites about how we should all respect the constitution , follow it , etc , etc.
Well , now this is the time to show your true colours , is the so called pro-constitutionalism a truth sentiment or a farce with agenda driven political scam?.

Let me give you a lesson (From a non-american)

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Yep , is there , loud and clear , a person born in the United States is a Citizen , oh and the most important bit "No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States".

I guess the Question is , will your political agendas get in the way of your Pro Constitution sentiment? , from the response i have read so far .. you abandoned the constitution in favour of political agenda.

Your founding fathers are screaming shame , from wherever they are.

Is this bill to repeal the admendment or to create a new law?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
But...the founding fathers...they didn't have much of anything to do with the 14th amendment...I mean, they were dead.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
By i meant to say with that comment , is that they have betrayed the same Founding Fathers (and ideologies) that they have been worshiping all this time.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

By i meant to say with that comment , is that they have betrayed the same Founding Fathers (and ideologies) that they have been worshiping all this time.

I think the federal government has done enough betraying of the Constitution for all of us.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
The point I was getting at with my long winded post above was that AZ taking steps to block anchor babies in violation of the 14th amendment is only necessary because of the massive violations of the rest of the Constitution engaged in by the federal government.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Two wrong does not equal one right.

"Just because he does it, i have to do it too" , what kind of mentality is that??

It is true that your government is a failure , but do you really want to get at their level? , betray the constitution you so much love and admire?

That's not revolution at all , that's imitation at its lowest.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Two wrong does not equal one right.

"Just because he does it, i have to do it too" , what kind of mentality is that??

It is true that your government is a failure , but do you really want to get at their level? , betray the constitution you so much love and admire?

Sometimes two wrongs does make a right.

Wisconsin nullified the fugitive slave act.

But lets not talk about that.

Oh, by the way - I don't believe the Constitution is a legitimate legal document.

Spooner exploded the Constitution at the turn of the 19th century.

www.fourmilab.ch...

[edit on 4-7-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
For those who haven't read the attached emails:

www.kpho.com...

Please do. They're quibbling about the "and subject to the jurisdiction thereof" clause. Which says that, for example, that children of ambassadors with diplomatic immunity, etc., aren't automatically citizens.

It's an amusing bit of double-think. If the illegal immigrants they're worried about aren't subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, well, I guess they don't have to obey the law to show ID when they're stopped by police...

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
This goes with what I was saying earlier about another issue along these same lines. Here is an issue created by conservatives, and popularized by FOX News, and so hype has whipped people into a hysteria about illegal immigration, so they naturally turn to the Federal government and basically BEG for their rights to be eroded so they can have the illusion of safety.

join