It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Passed over, can they be revived?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I was wondering if there could be a thread where some threads, looked over and possibly agreed with the mods over a thread that was lost in the crowd, but worth a second look.

Ive seen so many threads get lost, and I miss out on these things until its to late.

Could there be a thread where something good could be revived over a certain period of time, a week or so, and then if it still doesn't get responses then oh well. I know that usually if its not on the first page people will move on, this gives enough time for those who cant find anything interesting in the current threads, can look into something that is worth reviving according to the mods, I know they see everything so they would be better fitted to recognize something worth saving. Just a thought.

Peace to you...

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Got to agree with you, NoRegretsEver.

It seems that sometimes the more sensationalistic threads get continually bumped up (even if the replies are mostly in-fighting between a few participants), while threads that gather replies at a slower pace get buried.

Maybe the Mods could choose what they view to be 'worthy' threads to revive, based on the content matter (and whether or not the thread actually seemed to be going somewhere). Possibly send a U2U to the OP and get them contributing again to their thread.

Oh! And the icon could be maybe be a pair of de-fib paddles with a flat line behind it (going with the revival theme), or something like that.

I know that it's survival of the fittest round here, but sometimes it seems to be survival of the loudest

Anyhow, just my thoughts.

Cheers
Shane

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I also think that since the mods have to read this all day, this way that you can choose subjects that they enjoy, and they know are revival worthy. I think this would be a better venue for those that can post and not worry that their post will go unnoticed, I know I would post more and not worry that if BP did something for the 3000th time, my post wont go to waste.

Peace to you...

join