It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4th July

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Not sure what forum to post this - but i think I need to say it - and its only for fun honest.

Every year since i joined the internet - not just ATS when I go online I get asked if we are celebrating the 4th July.

For the record we in the UK do not celebrate the 4th (unless we are in the US and at a friends party - as I have a few times)

I dont want to be rude but its a heads up before you look silly asking :lol

Have a great day Sunday guys - but please remember its YOUR day and nothing to do with us over in Europe.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
...i can relate - feel the same about columbus day and thanksgiving... at least with the 4th of july, you're accused of celebrating something that ACTUALLY happened (at least i think it happened, wasnt there, could be a joke, cant say i'd be shocked if it turned out that way, lol)...

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Silk

Happy 4th yourself Silk you guys over there can celebrate football season over there anyway. We will be thinking of you while sitting in your favourite PUB have a pint for us of Guiness Stout or your personal fave.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyarwen

You do know Guinness is an Irish Drink dont you ? lol Ill be having a cider watching Nadal win the tennis.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silk
Have a great day Sunday guys - but please remember its YOUR day and nothing to do with us over in Europe.

Well, I don't know where exactly you are in the U.K., but I have to say that the 4th of July has everything to do with England!
If it weren't for England...

Sorry, just had to point that out... thanks for the well wishes

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Yep, the celebration has begun here in the US - so far its kids with loud rockets and firecrackers going off all night in the neighborhood. Getting on my nerves and scaring the hell outta the dog. And I would bet anything most of these kids don't know what their celebrating - just hey its fireworks time - lets make some noise! OMG and it isn't even the 4th yet!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Not being a American I don't celebrate the 4th of July for the same reason.However I do celebrate my Son's Birthday on that day ! Sadly not this year as his mother has taken him away from Me three weeks ago and I have no way of seeing him .I love my Son and miss him dearly .I'm really worried about his welfare he is only six tomorrow.This is a really low and evil act , putting your personal politics over the well being of a child or another person . If we can do this to each other at this level , how far are TPTB willing to go .One thing I would like to say about the 4th of July not related to my sad mess is this .Do any of you realize that the Knights Templar lost Jerusalem on this date ? Is this date a coincidence or was it planned that way as a anniversary ?

LOVE YOU CONAN
DAD

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I just realized thanks to you Silk that I can now fire off fireworks. Yes! I use to live in the Boonies, which was why I couldn't, but we moved to the countryside about 8 months ago. Sweet! No more sparklers for me, and I only have to worry about aggrivating some cows nearby.

Also, they are probably trying to joke with you using a trick question. Because everyone has a 4th of July, but they have to ask it in that context. If someone ever asks,"Do you have a 4th of July?" the answer would be yes. Gah I hate those trick jokes.
Though they probably just ask most of the time if you celebrate it like you said. I find it silly how someone would ask you that. Of course you don't, its Independence Day for Americans. The people that probably ask are young or never bothered to learn why we have an Independence Day

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryoko

Don't forget the ear plugs for the cows

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Am I aloud to say Happy July 4

Mike Adams writes, "It seems downright spooky that on the weekend when the USA is about to celebrate Independence Day -- the July 4th holiday that commemorates freedom from tyranny -- we are bringing you a disturbing report on how the U.S. Coast Guard, under the direction of the Obama administration, has suspended the First Amendment in the Gulf of Mexico.

"Free Speech is now illegal on the beaches of the Gulf Coast. Any reporter, photographer or blogger caught within 65 feet of an oil spill boom, vessel or cleanup operation will be arrested, fined as much as $40,000 and prosecuted with a Class F felony crime by the U.S. government."

www.examiner.com...

[edit on 3-7-2010 by Gmoneycricket]

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Why would anyone from Great Britain want to celebrate an act of terrorism? And I can remember The Above Politics Show boys doing a complete show on this one and Martin Bain saying very much the same thing.

top topics

join