It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Review of Trillion Dollar Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I just finished reading Jim Marrs' book "Trillion Dollar Conspiracy: How the New World Order, Man-made Diseases, and Zombie Banks are Destroying America". This is one of the few books I picked up and did not stop until I finished reading it. Very well researched and written, it tells of how our current financial meltdown came into being. The book takes a sobering and scary look at how things are and where they might lead to be. Again, Mr Marrs does not do much speculating, but has his cited facts for us and we can take it from there. That is a refreshing look at conspiracies, as too many authors out there tend to just tell their theories and not back them up with anything that helps prove them. Quotes are cited and referenced in the back of the book.

Poison in our water, drugging our children, monitoring our every moves and bank activities, fear mongering from the right and left, corporate owned and controlled news media, etc. Either you will not be able to sleep or will pull your hair out in frustration after reading about all the things that are happening. And don't get started on the terrible education system designed to create workers, not thinkers (A nice quote from Rockefeller).

I was getting pretty anxious during the read, but the last third of the book has solutions and what we can do to keep the country from falling further. Whatever political views or beliefs one holds, these solutions are all quite valid without being partisan.

There are a few minor points I have to disagree with or have some issues with, but that should be with anyone who is reading this book. Mr Marrs does say to question everything, and that includes what he has written. The one issue I have is he did not delve into who was really financing the "grass roots" Tea Party rallies during the summer recess. It was done by Rachel Maddow (and she does criticize Barack Obama frequently before people shout she is a liberal agenda hack), and found that the events and major sponsors were funded by Big Pharma and Health Care Groups. On an interview, the leader of one of those groups refused to state who had funded it. It just goes to show people who are in grass movements to watch out who is trying to control even them.

Aside from that small part, I highly recommend people to get this book and start getting involved. It does not take much to get angry, but it does take effort to do something about it. And I would like to thank Mr Marrs for writing a book that is now on my permanent collections of must reads.

edited to add:

I have been to the MSNBC website to get the interview and report done by Ms Maddow on the funding of the grass roots groups. While I can get to the part of where it is on the "Rachel Re" part of the site, the actual report is not showing up. Could this be another example of a corporate owned news channel censoring an independent mind? I will contact Ms Maddow myself and try to get the link here to the story.

[edit on 7/2/2010 by kidflash2008]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Hello KF!
Sounds like a good book with good coverage. I'm a fan Of Marrs, but I think most of what he reveals has been covered here. Nevertheless, there are surely those unaware of the details so this book could be a good place to start, since it covers so many aspects of today's problems.
I looked for the vid you referenced and found these, including an interview with Marrs about his book:

Jim Marrs on Coast To Coast Part 1

Beware Of Fake Grass Roots Campaigns

Thanks for the head's up!

Peace

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and I mean that because I have just ordered this book form amazon at Expedited (1 business day(s) option because your review had me champing at the bit, always looking for a good read.

It is of course based upon the american experience of course but only a fool can not see that we live in a global age.

Thank you once again

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Thank you for putting up the Rachel Maddow report on fake grass roots campaigns. It was not showing up, and I thought it could of been dispatched by the corporately owned MSNBC.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

The book might be about the USA, but the subject is happening around the world. One World Government means all other countries lose their sovereignty. I think you will enjoy the book very much, and should also suggest other books by Mr Marrs:

Crossfire: The Plot to Kill Kennedy (A very well documented look at the facts surrounding this crime of the Century, if not Millenium. After reading this one, you will not look at the JFK assassination the same way.)

Alien Agenda: Investigating the Extraterrestrial Presence Among Us (Another well documented book that looks at all aspects of this enigma.)

Rule By Secrecy: The Hidden History That Connects the Trilateral Commission, the Freemasons, and the Great Pyramids (Another well documented look at the secret cabals and the people who run them. This book is mentioned a lot in Trillion Dollar Conspiracy, although it does not need to be read first. The information contained does have some speculation, but much is well documented facts.)

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Am I the only who feels sick while reading this book? Is there acid in the paper? It absolutely stinks and makes me want to vomit. Good book, but I can only read a few pages at a time.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

It is the tough subject matter that is making you feel ill. If it helps, the last part of the book is dedicated to ways of fixing the problems we are in. There is Hope after all in the Pandora's Box.

top topics

join