It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music I hate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
This thread is about Music I hate. if you don't like it then bugger off

Music has changed allot, which wouldn't be such a bad thing if it wasn't so awful.

It's not like im old or anything im 23, The stuff they play on the radio these days is just embarrassingly bad.it makes me physically cringe

ok here are my top 5 starting at number 1!
MY first kiss.

Incedibly annoying. would rather spend an hour doing this :bnghd: than listening.

Number 2
Frisky, by Tinie Tempah

Number 3
Dirty Disco By Dizzee Rascal, and anything else by him, kinda feel that they could have picked up any street rat from London and it would sound exactly the same.

number 4

Pulled apart by horses, Back to the F*** yeah!

Words cannot express how stupid they look and sound.

Number 5

one word: bland.

ok thats it, move along. or add your own and comments.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I'll agree with most of it. I find great happiness in all music, but I'm inclined to believe that there is more stupid garbage being put out right now than anything artistic.

I did like the Pulled Apart By Horses one, but that's probably because I'm a hardcore punk singer, and they aren't even close to the amount of noise we put on our records.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Ok.
Here are 3 corkers that have stuck in my craw in recent months. Listed in no particular order of offensiveness...

Firstly, Katy Perry's recent summer anthem 'California Gurls'. I have to turn the radio off at work when it comes on:

Secondly, Muse's latest self-important dirge, 'Uprising':

And finally, Chipmunk with 'Look For Me'. The 'Munk is back with his own special brand of RnB. Ive heard this song has an aphrodisiac effect on women:

Thanks for providing this thread MR BOB.

They say a problem shared is a problem halved and i do feel better now.

Luckily, 2 of them have been disabled but you get the idea.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by Silver Star]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Well let me jump in here and just say this... I reallly do love most all music!!! It comes from our souls, and "most" music is very deep and has meaning for each person.. Ya know like POV!!!

But.. IMO New Kids on the block and boy bands...
Uck! and I really do hate New kids on the block!!!

I heard they where making a come back.. No thanks there!!!!
What are they all like 40ish by now? LOL

Boy bands... NO thanks.. Hate is such a strong word.. So I would rather use.. Highly dislike !!!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Just an observation. Good or bad, music is reward in itself. In fact the oldest musical instrument is the human voice, not the drums as often stated.
As a long time musician and teacher of many subjects, I agree with the creator of this thread. But, it made sense for me to mention that no matter one's choices in music, likes and/or dislikes....in music...its all relevant.
No matter how it affects you, my point is that it does..affect you. And affection is a positive..and yes, sometimes negative.

new topics

top topics

join