It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opening the Hall of records

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
The Lion since ancient times was known for its fierceness in combat, the king of beasts.
It was for this reason that statues of lions were often placed at the entrance of temples as a warning perhaps to evil spirits or men who would enter. In this format the lion is seen as a guardian and in actual fact that is what they are called “guardian lions”.
You can find these statues all over the world even in places where the beast is not native.

There is one variant of these statues which is very interesting, the lion with a spherical object under its paws. Equally as ancient it can be found all over the world, in Europe, India, China, Italy, and Tibet etc

The lion is depicted guarding this object, its claws sunk down into the orb warning you should you even attempt to remove it.

The spherical object it is guarding is depicted as either with a plain smooth surface or covered with an intricate pattern (usually in Tibet, China and Japan). Often a symbol called “the flower of life” is carved into its surface.

“The Pythagoreans spoke of the Universe as being composed of ten concentric spheres: the outermost was the Sphere of the Stars; then, moving inward, one sphere for each of the seven planets; then one sphere for the Earth; and the innermost sphere was of the "Anti-Earth" (Antichthon), composed of fire. Each sphere was thought to have its own particular vibration”

hermetic.com...

From the quote above we can see that the sphere was in ancient times considered a symbol of the Universe. The flower of life is an ancient symbol which represents life and knowledge. Could therefore the symbolism indicate that the lion is guarding an object which contains the knowledge of life and the universe?

The sphinx in Egypt was originally carved in the form of a lion until severe flooding eroded its surface. Damaged the face of the lion was re-carved which is why the body of the lion is out of proportion with the head. As it exists the sphinx is the largest statue of a lion on the planet.
Question is what is it guarding?

“A record of Atlantis from the beginning of those periods when the Spirit took form…….. the opening of the records would come, that are as copies from the sunken Atlantis. For with the change, it [Atlantis] must rise again. In position, this lies -- as the sun rises from the waters -- as the line of the shadows (or light) falls between the paws of the Sphinx; that was set later as the sentinel or guard and which may not be entered from the connecting chambers from the Sphinx's right paw until the time has been fulfilled when the changes must be active in this sphere of man's experience. Then [it lies] between the Sphinx and the river. (378-16; Oct 29, 1933)"

www.dreamscape.com...

At the moment as many of you are probably aware excavations are taking place under the sphinx and security is very tight.

If the archaeologists happen to uncover a spherical object, containing the knowledge of life and the universe left to us by the priests of Atlantis what will become of it, how would this event change humanity?

[edit on 2-7-2010 by LUXUS]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
you may want to read the emerald tablets of thoth.

second... whatever.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
i completely agree the symbolism of a lion has been important... always a symbol of strength courage and protection. the sphinx is by far the largest symbol of the lion... now if the ancient world's pattern of the larger the more important can be put to this.... small lions used to protect temples, ancient locations of knowledge and power then the largest one in existence has to be "guarding" something immensely important.

you know i never considered the importance of lions in ancient symbolism... in ancient greece the Greatest hero heracles is associated to the lion (he wore one) in ancient america great leaders were associated to the mountain lion. in china non indigenous lions where protectors (as stated) hmm... interesting

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
You know what I find interesting about the last image, I recall reading (cant think where) that the hall of records can only be opened when three (special) individuals touch it. It has some kind of safety mechanism built-in.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I know many soothsayers/Edgar Cayce and others have claimed there is something important hidden there

considering who is currently digging there I'm just rolling my eyes back in head and going why do all the GREAT SECRETS always end up in the hands of the most malevolent among us?

so I hope that whatever it is is a GOOD THING in that it only needs to be found to do whatever it is designed to do ,if it depends on the quality of the finder .....well I won't write that ....

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I think that the Sphinx was originally a giant statue of Anpu, not a lion.
As for the hall of records, yeah, I do believe they are looking for it. Whether they will actually find anything is all up to Djehuty himself.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
does anybody know what is supposed to be in there ?

all I know is Edgar Cayce said it would be dug up

records /some kind of digital computer stuff password protected?

okay I answered my own questionEdgar said

[edit on 7/2/2010 by MrsBlonde]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Edgar Cayce said you can not get to the hall of records using any of the existing passageways which go under the sphinx. This means it is completely closed off with no entrance. The only way you can get to it then would be to locate its position, dig a tunnel to it and brake into the vault.

As I said I think there is a spherical device locked in there, some high tec object left to us.

maybe this thing has a beacon which can only be detected when humans have become technologically advanced enough to detect it with their technology.

Edgar cayce also said the opening of the vault will coincide with the second coming of Jesus.....EVERYONE MASTER JESUS IS COMING!!

[edit on 3-7-2010 by LUXUS]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Interesting thead OP! I think it's fascinating that the sphere under the lion's paw is depicted in diverse locations/cultures. I don't know much about this subject and I didn't know that. It seems even if this was "carried over" to other countries, it still would have to have great importance for other cultures to repeat the same distinct representation.

top topics

join