It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Make a bomb in the kitchen for Mom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Found this and wanted to share..

The terrorist group Al Qaeda publishes magazines on the Web

The publication is distributed as a PDF file that was posted on several radical Islamist website Tuesday, according to SITE Intelligence Group, told CNN . The organization specializes in following the various terrorist groups.

The launch was not painless. PDF file contains 67 pages, but only the first three are readable. The following contains only data code.

On the cover of the magazine, which has been named "Inspire", advertise it for an article with the headline:

"Make a bomb in the kitchen to my mother."

On the first page promised also an article written by Anwar al-Awlaki.

Al-Awlaki is 39 years old and born in the U.S.. He was a former imam and has lectured about Islam. Today he is regarded as a member of al Qaeda, and referred to as "the Internet's bin Laden" because he has both own blog and Facebook page.

Here is the link Translated from a Norwegian News page ---- > VG -- Link

[edit on 2-7-2010 by Vicodin]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Here is the original article from CNN, it makes a little better reading than the rather strange web translataion from the Norwegian article in vg.no.

Al Qaeda launches English language magazine

(CNN) -- Al Qaeda has launched this week what it is calling its first English language online magazine, a move that could be seen as a way to recruit more American-born terrorists.

The magazine was posted on radical Islamist websites Tuesday, said Maryland-based SITE Intelligence Group, an organization that tracks terror groups.

The launch of the magazine, called "Inspire", though did not go smoothly as only three pages of what was billed as a 67-page magazine appeared online. A fourth page was unsuccessfully posted on websites and showed nothing but garbled images.

A table of contents of the magazine listed an article called "Make a Bomb in the Kitchen of Your Mom."

The magazine also promised to have an article written by fugitive American-born cleric Anwar al-Awlaki.

Awlaki has recently been linked to the failed attempted Chistmas Day bombing of a plane bound for Detroit, Michigan.

The director of the National Counterterrorism Center said this week that the U.S. government believes Awlaki had "a direct operational role" in the bombing attempt.

edition.cnn.com...

[edit on 2/7/10 by ziggystar60]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I'm leaning towards propaganda here, for the simple reason that 'Al Qaeda', is not, nor has it ever been the name of 'a terrorist organisation'.

It doesn't exist now, and never did.

Sounds weird?

The UK government actually admitted the name 'Al Qaeda', is erroneous, and was pushed on MSM during the Bush/Blair years, as something for the public to focus on and give a name to their..ahem...'threat'.

Terrorist groups do exist, the Taliban for example, but Al Qaeda is basically a database of terrorist suspects on an intelligence network computer system...it doesn't actually refer to a specific group or organisation.

So...someone from the group 'Al Qaeda', couldn't exist either.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
In Australia, we tend to have a massive delay (and filter) when getting news from the US, but I managed to watch this story on the Colbert Report last night.

Is interesting, to say the least, but should be interesting to see what response the US and Australian governments have to stop its citizens from viewing it.

There is a lot of news regarding the proposed Internet Filter here in Australia....just a thought, but could this be the thing to seal the deal to apparently "save the children" and censor our Internet?

The days to come will truly prove to be curiouser.......and curiouser

EDIT: OCD.....and there was one little typo

[edit on 2-7-2010 by Mathyn Rain]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Well that's nice. A magazine. Wonder if they will have a swimsuit edition
In all reality though I thought everyone understood that Al Qaeda is just a CIA front organization? I think that at least most people that aren't brain dead do. The CIA handlers responsible for this charade are taking it in new and ridiculous directions to squeeze every last drop of useful propaganda out of the name. Like a magazine for Pete's sake. Thanks for the heads up. These guys are geniuses lol...

[edit on 2-7-2010 by Redwookieaz]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
In my humble opinion, there is something proverbially 'fishy' regarding this whole magazine thing..

Be it to imbue a new fire of patriotism in the hearts of the immortally patriotic Americans, or........yeah I got nothing, I'm gonna go with 'imbue a new fire of patriotism in the hearts of the immortally patriotic Americans'

I sincerely tried to find an "OR", but I got nothing, this is as dodgy as they come, down right dicey. (Australian term, means........fishy)

Keep your wits about you US, this is gonna get interesting

new topics

top topics

join