It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Carolina - New 3D Drivers Licenses in 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
NC drivers licenses will take on a new look in 2012.
They will have a black & white photo according the NC DOT.

It appears they will also have RFID chips.

The licenses and ID cards will carry a black-and-white photograph taken by a camera with multiple lenses. The resulting photo will be laser engraved into the card, providing a clearly identifiable image. The cards also will be made of a more durable polycarbonate material than is currently used. Multiple layers will be fused together and cannot be removed without leaving evidence of tampering. The new cards will meet state and federal mandates, as well as national security requirements. The N.C. Department of Transportation has awarded a $47.5 million contract to MorphoTrak-Safran Group over the next seven years. The contract may be extended for two additional one-year periods.

Source:apps.dot.state.nc.us...

This link says that the picture will be 3D image. Any other states have this yet?
www.streetinsider.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
thanks hillbilly
I'll be keeping my eye out for this one
as I live in NC. I've been expecting
it for awhile now.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Your Welcome! Just trying to keep everyone informed.
I've seen a good bit of people from NC here, so I thought I would pass it along.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I refuse to carry any ID/License containing personal information that uses RFID.

Delaware is updating their drivers license too, but without the RFID.

REAL ID going into effect; PASS ID next

EDIT: I can't find in the source where it mentions the RFID.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Wolf321]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by HrdCorHillbilly

This link says that the picture will be 3D image. Any other states have this yet?

That kind of sounds like what the photo in my passport looks like.
I'm in Missouri (or in misery as I like to say
) and our licenses aren't 3D. They have a smaller, fainter second headshot photo near the bigger one, though. There are also state seals in a row across it, only seen when tilted.

It looks kind of weird. The smaller photo of me just randomly lined up with one of the circular state seals and it looks like I have a halo "a la" renaissance paintings.

[edit on 1/7/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Maryland is going to implement the same next year. I'm sure Virginia will follow suit quickly. Keep and eye on what Vermont does (or doesn't do). Unconstitutional or not they're going to ram this down our throats whether we want it or not.

new topics

top topics

join