It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO report off NC coast, likely military training

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Here's a recent MUFON report from the North Carolina coast, that details a sighting on Jun 22 off the Wrightsville Beach shoreline. Just posting it here since a search failed to bring this one up.

www.wistv.com

WRIGHTSVILLE BEACH, NC (WECT) - A group of people staying at a house on the North Carolina coast filed a report on the UFO website, "MUFON," saying a ball of light and several white orbs were spotted off the coast.

The report states nine people at a house near the Carolina Yacht Club in Wrightsville Beach saw a "reddish orange light blinking erratically" in the distance before another, white light appeared and disappeared before dividing into "nine orbs" in a "V formation."

"We were all shocked and we all agreed that what we saw was not manmade," the report stated.

The report was filed June 24, with the sighting listed as occurring June 22 around 9:30 p.m. Following the sightings of blinking lights, the group reports seeing helicopters and two fighter jets.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Ill Be in wrightsville this weekend, ill have to keep my eyes out. The yacht club is on a stretch of land that is slightly less populated than the northern beach. Did it happen over the ocean, or over the sound? it almost sounds like flare drops, but maybe it could be a USO.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by drsmooth23

Looks like they were saying it was about 1-2 miles offshore, over the ocean..

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
FINALLY!! Something on ATS I can investigate. I live 15 minutes away from there. I'll be there this weekend. Will definitely have to go when it's dark to. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled.

This is what caught my attention...

...and we saw it divide instantaneously into nine orbs, assembled into a horizontal V formation, after which it disappeared in a couple of seconds.

Do military flares look like this?

...two fighter jets flew by, parallel to the coast. Why were they flying so close to a residential beach town at that time of night? The next day, military helicopters flew up and down the beach all day long, nonstop."

We see military aircraft around here all the time. But I have never seen them flying low and parallel to the beach, as they described.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by HrdCorHillbilly]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by HrdCorHillbilly

We see military aircraft around here all the time. But I have never seen them flying low and parallel to the beach, as they described.

I was on the north shore of Bald Head Island last year around this time and I saw what looked like an Air Force hornet doing what had to have been at least mach one, but it was a LOW buzz, similar to what they do at nascar races, then he shot almost straight up banked and headed back inland. it was loud enough to where my dad couldnt hear what I was yelling at the top of my lungs and he was three feet away, it was actually kind of awesome.

If I understand correctly, they can bundle flares in a way that they would momentarily appear in a V-formation, but I am by no means on expert on that sort of thing.

top topics

join