It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it a glitch in the Matrix?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
One interesting thing I would like to make note of is that during the time I had my first episode I felt a tingling in my frontal lobes, the doctors characterized it as somatoform, but I have found something that makes me wonder.

For instance this:
"There may be a pressure on top of the head means the opening of the crown chakra. One may also experience body sensation such as chills, tingles, hair standing on end, tickles, or other physical sensations." -From www.crystalinks.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Interesting topic, I have a side interest in psychology and parapsychology.

I have mild Autism.

This is not to be confused with the glamorised and televised version that most people think Autism to be. In my case it's both a help and hindrance.

I am able to analyse things at a profoundly deep level however I tend to also get stuck in situations that take days for my mind to unplug itself from.

Thankfully over the years I have become 'normal' enough that I have a family, hold a steady job and can cope with most social situations.

One "feature" (if you will) of my autism is the ability to compartmentalise my mind into different characters. I have a visual memory meaning I tend to project my memory outwardly as a series of characters, images, 3D models or complete moving scenes that will play out for minutes or hours - this is how I am able to analyse things and do my job.

When I split up my mind, the singular voice becomes many, each one asking and answering a question and conversing with each other to the point I tend to lose my own identity until finally my mind reforms itself and everything becomes one and singular again, until I have my identity.

I am an 'adaptable' person (as described by my doctor) meaning I tend to take on other peoples personalities and traits for a while, merging into my own persona or rejecting them when my dominant mind takes hold again (the singular voice).

I don't know the situation in your case hence why I stated the above, hopefully the narrative of my own experiences will give you some insight or prompt you in the right direction. But I would advise to not think in negative terms, from someone who had to deal with being an 'outsider' or 'lesser than most', trust me it's better to exploit any opportunities.

Something is obviously happening so I would allow it to happen. As for the voices, they may well be aspects of your mind being projected because you are trying to answer a difficult question - this is a form of healing and was a large part of my own battle against the side effects caused by my autism (bi-polar, depression etc).

Find your singular voice, that dominant part of you that understands reason, adheres to principles and is of sound moral value - this is the part of your concious that acts as an anchor tying all the other points together...once you understand this you will be better able to organise your thoughts and bring everything together back into a single dominant persona i.e. you.

edit on 18-12-2010 by old_god because: typo

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
I read this and laughed sorry, but schizophrenia is schizophrenia, there is not conspiracy it is not evidence of some type of higher conscious it is just a very unfortunate and debilitating mental health conduction.

Boo

sorry (Doc) < sarcasm, but I disagree with you. Can you show me scientific proof that schizophrenia is even a real disease?
imo just a doctors opinion(diagnosis) no test= no proof just opinion.
edit on 12-1-2011 by paradiselost333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by paradiselost333

Well, yes I could but really I can’t be bothered and in any case I don’t have to. If you don’t think schizophrenia is a real conduction go spend a week’s work placement in a psychiatric hospital.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Do you have any idea the damage these types of threads could do to a person who has diagnosed schizophrenia? A diagnosis of schizophrenia is the mental health equivalent of giving a diagnosis of cancer. There is no conspiracy it is a very serious psychiatric condition and should a venerable person living with schizophrenia read a thread like this or similar to it, it may persuade them to stop taking medication and/or fuel any delusions of grandeur.

Do you think a monkey face nicknamed "kevinunknown" saying about schizophrenia its "unfortunate and debilitating mental health conduction" would help them more ? I doubt it, like I doubt any medicine ever cured any real schizophrenia syndrom, at best it may limit its effects for some time but even that i doubt seriously.
edit on 15-1-2011 by moltquedelo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Schizophrenia has to do with the pineal gland and it being unstable. A " crack " if you will. It does not function at its normal state like in majority of people. The pineal gland has been said to be the "Third eye" in many religions and ancient texts. An opening to other dimensions.

www.schres-journal.com...(94)00077-L/abstract

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Also
en.wikipedia.org...

As for the opening to "other dimensions"

www.hotspotsz.com...(Article-19250).html

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I just have to give my opinion. I've tried to read through most of this and I too am late to an epic thread.

IF you believe in reincarnation here is a thought. I think of schizophrenia as a 3D vehicle who for some reason is still experiencing their previous lives and personas. The same soul comes back to balance their Karma several or many times. NOT always to this universe or planet! I think that perhaps they feel bringing forth remnants of past lives or personalities can or may help them with a particular situation. Also there is a possibility that this 3D vehicle doesn't have the ability to separate all the lives and chooses several as they see fit to come through.

Just a thought!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by NothingNew

The pineal gland IS the third eye. The center of what may call your "sixth" sense. In most humans the pineal is disabled to a certain degree and separates us from the "unseen" or any of these spiritual experiences that we were created to experience and control.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by favouriteslave

Interesting to note is that while I was in a schizophrenic state I felt a sensation in my brain that was like someone was massaging it. I don't know how to accurately describe the feeling.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by LightofLiberty

Wasn't Moses hearing voices? I guess some people get locked up, while others build religions with billions of followers.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by foremanator
reply to post by kevinunknown

Dude
why are you still here?
This thread is for crazy people, so leave already

That is why he keeps posting.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

reply to post by paradiselost333

Well, yes I could but really I can’t be bothered and in any case I don’t have to. If you don’t think schizophrenia is a real conduction go spend a week’s work placement in a psychiatric hospital.

I'm not a native speaker of English, but isn't "conduction" a physics term? You keep writing that word ...

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
OP, I was diagnosed with schizophrenia 4 years ago and have been taking medication every day. My life has been pretty normal, but I always felt that I was being dragged away from some kind of truth.

Because of this thread, I am going to quit taking my medication and attempt to find the doorway to the Matrix. I have a hunch that it is probably in the sewer system, or maybe even somewhere out in the deep sea. Perhaps it is within certain people? Perhaps there are programs here disguised as people who are monitoring us? Perhaps I should cut open the people closest to me to find out?

Of course I'm not serious, but threads like this should not be allowed.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I smell some topic censorship coming on in the near future. I cannot believe some people are so daft on this site at times.

edit on 17-1-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LightofLiberty

You know, Terance McKenna once pointed out that modern society is absolutely lacking in shamanic practice.

Today, if you get schizophrenia you're told (by society, not just science) that you're sick and your brain needs to be butchered and sedated with drugs, or you even need to be hospitalized, because you're potentially dangerous.

In ancient societies if you exhibited schizophrenic tendencies you would be set aside from the masses and be introduced into century old traditions of shamanic practice.

Personally, I think he might be onto something. By definition, schizophrenics cannot be completely "normal", but I think they do have their rightful place in society and have something very special to contribute to it.

So my wish to you, OP, is to forgive your fellow man for this oppression and try to make the most of what you're getting, for what it's worth.

Regards
edit on 17-1-2011 by falseveils because: i wanted to

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
wow unusual thread, unusual repsonses, interesting topic

Can't really comment on the matter

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Thoughts do not come from your mind. Every thought we have comes from somewhere else. What you think is your thought is not yours. You got it from somewhere. So in my opinion people diagnosed with schizophrenia is experiencing thoughts from another source. It makes sense that Schizophrenic people could be stuck somewhere in the middle of an astral plane. I've had my schizophrenic moments before in the hypnagogic state and I know how it is to hear things and see things and feel as though you aren't on the face of reality. Maybe they are always in such a state similar to the hypnagogic state.

IMO I don't believe that schizophrenia is a real disorder. I believe there is more to this world than the "everyday life". I think its only a disorder to society and because society sees it as a difference. The same way that society looks at gay people as retarded or less of a person because of their orientation. It's not their fault they're gay, just like the Schizos. They are deemed crazy, not crazy, just different. They act the way they act because they feel like its not normal, so they become scared and try anything to make it stop. I blame society for setting different people aside as they have always done in the past up to now.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by RestingInPieces
OP, I was diagnosed with schizophrenia 4 years ago and have been taking medication every day. My life has been pretty normal, but I always felt that I was being dragged away from some kind of truth.

Because of this thread, I am going to quit taking my medication and attempt to find the doorway to the Matrix. I have a hunch that it is probably in the sewer system, or maybe even somewhere out in the deep sea. Perhaps it is within certain people? Perhaps there are programs here disguised as people who are monitoring us? Perhaps I should cut open the people closest to me to find out?

Of course I'm not serious, but threads like this should not be allowed.

Did the OP ever allude to hurting herself or others ... ?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mizzijr
Thoughts do not come from your mind. Every thought we have comes from somewhere else. What you think is your thought is not yours. You got it from somewhere.

Can you expand on that? Thoughts are not generated by neural processes?

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join