It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space exploration pointless

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason
Sardion, the Russians never went into sub-orbit, think about that as my response

They also never went to the moon either, think about that as my response

Privatization of space in the end only gives congressmen the argument to cut more funding.

Did the privatization of aerospace give congressmen any reason to cut funding?? Of course they didn't they were not stupid....

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Yes. it is absolutely pointless! What is even more pointless is that we as human beings can afford to design and build hunderds of billions of $ each year on weapons and warfare, while roughly half of the world lives below the poverty line!

That is what bothers me even more!

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

Originally posted by FreeMason
Sardion, the Russians never went into sub-orbit, think about that as my response

They also never went to the moon either, think about that as my response

Privatization of space in the end only gives congressmen the argument to cut more funding.

Did the privatization of aerospace give congressmen any reason to cut funding?? Of course they didn't they were not stupid....

Actually as a result of the privatization of the Aero-industry most of NASA's aeronautics research is far smaller than what it once was, and comparing Russia's orbital flights to going to the Moon is unrelated, we did not surpass them because we made a sub-orbital flight after they made an orbital flight....

Point is the public will think NASA is even less necessary and the congressmen will be willing to respond.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 07:33 AM
link   
It can't be a bad thing that people are looking at new technology and as that technology improves then people congress will be more willing to give money to NASA because they will be able to see what is possible. . . .

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
The money spent on space exploration is very little, relative to the benefits of space exploration. The money spent on the military is too much, without any relative benefit.

The only way to solve Earth's problems is to find another Earth (better if unpopulated).

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by masterp
The money spent on the military is too much, without any relative benefit.

The only way to solve Earth's problems is to find another Earth (better if unpopulated).

There is no benefit from endlessly manufacturing killing devices, it's true. The technology we have now is noway near good enough to get us far enough to find another place like Earth masterp, will mankind last long enough to get that far? If it is even possible, it would take thousands of years to give mars atmosphere of it's own. (by introducing plants)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join