It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Teaparty: It's Obama's Fault the British & Soviets Failed in Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
According to the neocon talking heads in their current disguises,

It must be Obama's fault that the British & Soviets failed to subdue the countryless place called Afghanistan.

And the idea of a time table for exit is somehow tipping our 'secret' poker hand to the presumed 'enemy'.

Well guess what, after 9 years & at least 1/2 a Trillion dollars i am pretty sure they already know we can't stay there forever.
They can remember the Soviets, even if we are having a PRIDEFUL brain fart.

This fiasco was lost, if it was EVER winnable, which i very highly doubt, a couple of years & a couple of hundred billion dollars into it.

Just because with enough juice you can shock a frog corpse's legs to jump, doesn't mean the frog isn't already long dead.

Put a fork in it, & call it done. Use it as a learning experience, to differentiate between the Pentagon's fantastic sales promotions & their complete lack of ability or understanding to actually accomplish it.

After 9 years we are actually less far 'ahead' than we were a year into this.
A negative number times any positive number of years & trillions of dollars equals a BIGGER NEGATIVE number.
That is if you aren't a math challenged tea-bag head or neocon criminal nut.

We can either stay there till we bankrupt ourselves like the Soviets did, or we can cut our loses & leave if we haven't already bankrupted these United States.

What IS Obama's fault is buying into the same Pentagon neocon nonsense of subduing that territory in the first place.
He has exposed that he is all surface sophistication & gloss, but doesn't have any real common, skeptical sense.

Subduing Afghanistan is belling the cat.
The teapsychos want to blame Obama for making the cat too big. Call it 'Palin logic' if you will.

Now Boehner wants to reduce Social Security payments to help subsidize the eternal, impossible task of belling that Afghanistan cat.

What IS Obama's & Petraeus & McChrystal's & the Congress's treasonous FAULT, is not stopping this lunacy TODAY.

This is about pride, ego, psychosis, fantasy, insanity, graft & corruption.
DC is populated with egotistical whack jobs & corresponding corporate criminals, all of whom never had to work very hard for money.

Somehow the American people need to alternately bring the sanity, the logic, the common sense and the care & patriotic protection of the United States to it,

and end it.

The American people have to be the adults,
clearly the DC psycho-children are not.

Now they & Panetta want to get us tied up in a new war with Iran.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
are they insane? The Soviets failed due to faulty economy and is unabe to keep up with Al Qaida

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
It has been pritty much concluded here that the Tea-party movement is another partisan astroturf movement so I wouldn't take much note over what they say as it is usually contradictory or hypocritical.

Regarding the Afghanistan war, well its not looking good at the moment. I still support troops in Afghanistan on the basis of what happened on 9/11 (I am but a minority of ATSers that do not align with truthers) and I do believe we should make it clear that we will continue to chase these cowards after what they done. However the war has not gone any better, the Afghan people are still unprepared to assist and rid their nation of these terrorists. The president does take part responsibility as well... he is the president and it comes with the job. I do agree that this blame over the faliure of the overall war is incorrect as Afganistan hardly made much improvement over the last 7 years. This Karzai government is no better either...... It is in a sense a no win situation.... we canbot police other countries... I think the president should stop describing the war as nation building and instead focus on the core reasons for the war, to break down the core base of an international terror group.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
The supposed 'Afghanis' don't even know they are 'Afghanis'.

How would you even begin to nation build in that?

We are trying to project something on a chaotic place where there is nothing.
It doesn't matter how intensely you project the hologram into the clouds, it still won't magically turn into anything solid, EVER.

After 9 years & 1/2 Trillion dollars, it was lost years ago.

Can't you drop arrogance & pridefulness even for a moment to admit it?

Or do we complete the bankrupting of these United States for the sake of the criminal elites?

Beating the dead horse longer will not make it respond any more.

(Heavy sigh of disgust & helplessness)

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by slank

A few points. Usually, when someone speaks of neocons, they are referring to Jews, so just have the courage of you convictions to say that.
-Those of us who consider ourselves tea partiers are for the most part fed up with republicans, it's just that we have an even lower opinion of democrats, who are thinly veiled marxists (communists, for those of you who don't realize what I'm speaking of).
-whether or not we should be involved in a war is a moot point. However, most of us feel that if you are going to fight a war, fight it to the best of your ability. We should have leveled the place in about three days. Problem solved. As for civilian casualties, dragging it out for nine years and playing by marques of queensbury rules only creates more civilian and military loss of life in the long run. Try the MOAB, if you're afraid of nukes.
-And we could give a damn about the russians, chinese or whoever. They derive their power from our retailers who use influence to sell America out, so that they may take advantage of cheap labor for a slightly higher profit margin. Consequences be damned. IE any time you hear somebody use global as an adjective, knock them in the head and don't vote for them.
-Buy American. Pay an extra buck. Put you neighbor back to work and cut the deficet. You see, when we import goods, we export our wealth. Globalism is great for China and Russia, but it makes us weaker and will ultimatelly destroy us.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by astrogolf]

top topics

join