It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Store Selling American Flag with 61 Stars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Tim Childress of Texas recently purchased a American Flag at a dollar store in Dallas, he was surprised when he got home and noticed 11 extra stars on it. Mr Childress told WFAA.com who reported on the story, "You can kind of see the stars are all crooked, and if you count them, they're actually 61 stars,". He went back to the store and told them about the error on the flag, along with sending an email to the marketing company in Virginia that made the flag. Mr Childress said, "I kind of let them know that there are 50 states in the United States, and they need to correct this or at least get the Chinese supplier to correct this".

The dollar store where Tim Childress bought the flag from told WFAA.com that the flag is sold as a "patriotic banner" and not as an American flag.

Texas Store Sells American Flag With 61 Stars

One Texas man couldn't believe what he saw on the American flag he purchased at a Dollar Tree store in Dallas: 11 extra stars emblazoned on Old Glory. "You can kind of see the stars are all crooked, and if you count them, they're actually 61 stars," Tim Childress told WFAA.com. Childress said he went back to the store where he bought the flag and sent an e-mail message to the marketing company in Virginia that made it hoping they might address the error. "I kind of let them know that there are 50 states in the United States, and they need to correct this -- or at least get the Chinese supplier to correct this," Childress told the website. The Dollar Tree's assistant store manager told WFAA.com that the flag is sold as a "patriotic banner" and not as an American flag.

www.foxnews.com...

Related
WFAA.com

[edit on 28-6-2010 by InvisibleObserver]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Really?!?!?

Who the hell buys a dollar store flag?

Turns out you can put a price on patriotism.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
A bit odd that they wouldn't mention them being upside down.

You'd think Fox would have a field day with 61 American Pentagrams.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by naught

Agreed! I wonder if the design was a mistake or intentional? How would one define a "patriotic" flag verses a traditional one? Just put as many stars as will fit in the blue, symbolizing the more stars the more patriotic?

Peace

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Thanks for posting the picture.

I was trying to figure out a way to post the video, but since I cant find it on youtube, I don't know how to do it.

Yea I don't get the whole patriotic vs traditional flag.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by InvisibleObserver]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
2 likely possibilities

1) the manufacturer had rolls of blue material with white stars that they couldn't get rid of

2) Not authorized to reproduce the true flag.

Money was saved somewhere, nothing more.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
What do you expect....China made goods in a dollar store....seriously....its OUR flag...why is it being made in CHINA....I am just curious as to what the 11 extra stars are...or why they chose 11 extra stars...perhaps they had a surplus of stars to get rid of? =P

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
It seems odd that this flag was found in a store in TEXAS! Be assured that this is no mistake.

The 11 extra stars are for the states of Sonora, Chihuahua, Coahuila, Nuevo Leon, Tamaulipas, Baja California, Baja California Sur, Sinaloa, Durango, Zacatecas, and San Lois Petosi.

More to be added soon.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I guess a Dollar store was where the POTUS, during his campaign, got his infomation concerning how many states are in the U.S. As I recall he gave a speech saying he had been to 57 states and there were, what, 1 more to go? I guess something got lost in the translation from the video of that speech and the Chinese manufacturer thought he meant a total of 61.

politicalhumor.about.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
For some reason I can just imagine the Republican propaganda crew starting up rumors on this one claiming that this was the work of Obama and the Dems to ruin the flag or something.

The republicans never fail to surprise me with their BS any more.

In regards to this error, nothing seems to surprise me any more.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

LOL we both posted at the same time. I knew my post would be correct to some degree.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Thanks for posting the pic, looks to me like it's more of an el cheapo decorative type thing than an official flag. They just used a repeating star pattern on top of the stripes to make a flag that "looks like" an American flag. Just tacky and cheap, no conspiracy here

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Dollar Tree sells products at a lower cost because they are close to expiration date, overstock OR because they have manufacturer defects. What else does one expect when shopping at such places? Otherwise the store would be called "Retail Price Tree"

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
A one dollar plastic flag, made in china and sold in a dollar store. Let's be honest, the quality standards at dollar stores are...mediocre at best.

The manufacturer probably has sheets and sheets of these things and they are cut randomly. It is the dollar store folks! You get what you pay for.

If this guy wants an accurate American flag, then he needs to shell out an extra 5 dollars and go to any other store besides dollar tree.....

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Baloney

LOL. Except I am not Republican. I just enjoy making fun of politicians of all parties, when they make a gaffe.

And this rainy afternoon, I read the OP and thought it would be fun to poke a bit of fun at the POTUS.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by kyred]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies everybody.

I found this story funny, that the guy took the time to complain about a plastic flag made in china that he paid a dollar or less for. He probably should get checked now for lead poisoning after touching it.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Oh, it was no mistake. The extra stars are for Baja California, Chihuahua, Oaxaca, Sonora, Veracruz, Yucatán..............

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by pjslug
Oh, it was no mistake. The extra stars are for Baja California, Chihuahua, Oaxaca, Sonora, Veracruz, Yucatán..............

Clever... where have I heard that one before?

Oh, also, one thing:

I don't care if it's one dollar or a hundred dollars. I don't care if it's made of plastic, cloth, polyester, or solid gold. It's the American Flag, it gets made right or somebody apologizes. Simple as that.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
this is obviously a plastic decoration sold for decorating the 4th of July kids parade, or a picnic table or the like. it is disposable.

Everything from Dollar Tree is made in China. everything costs $1, so the store buys it for 50 cents.

We need to get back to buying MADE IN USA!

new topics

top topics

join