It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Truth And Consequences"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Let's face the fact that this gusher is going to go on gushing every second of every day for
months to come.
BP and the government are batting 100 per cent failure when it comes to stopping it.
This leaves us with a number of scenarios and outcomes which require unemotional attention.
Unemotional, because they're all as scarey as hell, and if we give in to fear in any way, we're
more screwed than if we'd just elected another President of Promises.
Looking at the various potentials is no easy task. Having been brought up to expect someone
else to be responsible for fixing problems in our lives (or to be blamed for them) we are not in
the habit of trusting our own judgment. It's easier to run with the pack and think like the herd
than it is to distance ourselves from their collective finger pointing, bleating, and subservience
to authority.
It's easier to wait till the last minute - despite all the warnings that a hurricane is coming (for
example) - and expect God to pluck us off the roof in a helicopter or send us a Zodiac dinghy
and take us to a shelter somewhere until the danger is over.
But if Hurricane Katrina is anything to go by, the herd will find itself in a facility of some sort
where everything is inadequate, and the doors are locked.
Those who shook themselves awake ahead of the hurricane had their lives thoroughly
disrupted for sure. But they were most certainly a lot better off than those who chose to ignore
the first rescue device God ever gave them - the ability to think and act for themselves.
Even so, those who can think but don't act, are no better off than those who can't think at all.
So what is there to think about?
Information is Key One
How We Deal With It Is Key Two
Many messengers throughout history have been hung drawn and quartered, even crucified or
burned at the stake because their messages were upsetting.
On a personal level, we have all had the experience which is commonly referred to as having
our buttons pushed. This suggests that someone has said or done something that ticks us off,
so we get emotional in some way. We may respond with anger, or by belittling both the
messenger and the message (Republicans and Democrats have a knee-jerk feature in that
regard).
Wise people turn this on its head. They figure out that it was not the information per se that
got them upset. It was in fact something within themselves, an emotion or a favorite belief or
something as simple as their self-image which precipitated an instant reaction.
So who pushed the button? Certainly not the messenger. Nor the information. It was the
recipient who chose either consciously or unconsciously to respond in a certain manner - and
if you study yourself, you'll see how predictable you really are.
However, now that the world is faced with a disaster that will spread from the Gulf of Mexico
up through the Atlantic, across to Europe and eventually perhaps throughout the oceans of
the world, those entrenched attitudes and responses could do with a shake-up - and would
best be got rid of.
It's time (if you can) to understand that fear is a natural first response, and that fear has its
roots in the fear of death, which is what prompts us to be endlessly worried about our survival.
And under the circumstances, we definitely should be giving that some very serious thought.
We're in a theater. Some of us can smell smoke. The messenger has yelled "I smell smoke!"
The manager has said "please stay seated, we have it under control." Some of us have heard
both, seen that there's a chance to make it out the exit doors before the smoke turns to fire,
and we're sensible enough to drop our Coke and popcorn and get the heck out of there.

full story link here-

www.buycontacthasbegun.com...

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Rustami]

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Rustami]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
don't think this has been posted but full story is insightful yet frightening assuming the details of spill is true (we all know how the MSN plays) and if is could very well be a good warning

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
What you said is kinda like the blueprint of human nature. In nearly every instance people would prefer to follow the crowd then to desband and do what they think is right. There is something about having someone around you that on its own makes you feel safe. Also you could fling into the equation the fact that everyone is more layed back these days then they was say 100 years ago. Back then you had to eat you go hunt, if you was ill there was no garantee you would survive. there was no welfare. Now we take for granted what we have and become reliant on the elite.

Me personaly i am an individual i dont care what the pact do. What i think is right i will do but you have to think rationally. If you have an idea look at it from all angles and to the pros and cons in your mind. This oil spill as an individual i dont know how to look at it. All i can say is wait for it to play out a bit longer until i no were i stand then take action.

Soz for babbling on

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DeepestOne

yeah I really wished we could get some local responses-had been expecting something from Chuck Baldwin (ran for prez-who Ron Paul endorsed and vice cersa) since he lives in Pensacola but nada yet

top topics

join