It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Anyone From a NonGulf State Getting Summer Time Colds?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
hey guys, check out the plantlife in your area. I am usually inside, but well, went out in my backyard the other day, and the top of the rose of sharon bushes, the top of our apple tree, as well as the neighbors tree, and a huge tree at work, well, it looks like the leaves are drying up at the top.

maybe it's the heat, but well, it's been this hot before, never noticed it. the rose of sharon I think should have lots of flowers on them, but there isn't hardly any. the apple tree has dropped all of the apples, don't think that should have happened yet either.

maybe it's the heat, maybe it's all in my head, who knows.

but, could yas check out your plantlife and let me know if you see the same?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Thank you for all the replies. I finished a round of steroids (prednisone) and antibiotics (zpack) and here I sit, still sick, it is coming back.

I am supposed to work to day but am considering calling in. I am so tired I can barely function and was up all night coughing (how it started last time).

I have used my asthma inhaler over 100 times this past weeek and have not used it a hundred times the past five or so YEARS!!

Is it really bad allergies?

I began to think something at work made me sick since 7 other coworkers ALL came down with same illness.

That is unusual and weird itself.

What bothers me is the uncontrolled asthma, I am not normally asthmatic any more.

Thank you for all the replies, I had not realized so many others had replied.

I just wondered because they said Hurricane Ike made its way to KY a copuple of years ago if the chemicals from the oil spill could make their way here the same way (air stream).

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Quite a lot of people I know here in the UK suffering from summer colds, and others suffering hayfever.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I have one plant and it is doing fine. It is on my porch and I live in a condo, so it isnt exposed to elements much. I will start looking around the city, once I feel the energy to move.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Myself and my two babies have been sick with something respiratory for over a week now. I never got a headcold, it has been in my chest the entire time, although my son had it in his head as well. I live in central PA, so I'm doubtful it is oil related, but chemical related?? Who knows. We have had several air quality warnings the past couple weeks. It says it's due to a pressure system pushing from the south and west and that the ozone level is high. I am more sensitive to respiratory issues since I had bronchiolitis as an infant and it damaged my lungs. For now I believe it was just a bug of some sort, but if this doesn't clear up soon I may start to wonder what exactly is in the air that's bothering me.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Coast of GA here, and my hubby and 1 child have summer colds. Other members of the family just fine (especially those who take their vitamin c!). I've always heard that summer colds are worse than winter ones. I doubt that this is GoM related; otherwise, we'd all be sick.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Lolliek

The Worst Colds and Flu I've ever got were during the spring-summer. I caught the flu from a kid at Walt Disney World in May 2007 and almost had to go to the hospital when I got home(I had a 102 temperature).

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
My family and I are beginning to feel under the weather, and we live in Ontario. I have a feeling it's related to the heat wave, though, as my mother has the worst of it. She's the only one who has actually been brave enough to leave the house in the last few days.

Is this East Coast heat related to the Gulf in any way?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I can't believe you posted this. I was down for the count last Friday. My son had it the weeks Monday and his Grandfather had it the week prior to that!

Nasty too. My nose was still running as of yesterday---stopped over the night!

Not breathing related though----but still. I content it's China do chit!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

My husband has been in China on business the past two weeks and he is the only one of s that didn't get sick haha. I just hope he doesn't bring any yucky germs home to us so we get sick again.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Not being a scientist and racking my lame brain trying to figure out these poisons I have come up with this.
A blood test to measure creatinine levels relates to kidney function as far as excreting toxins.
Liver function test same excreting toxins.
Corexit also has adverse effects on red blood cells, can cause leukemia.
leukcocytes are white blood cells so a check on hemoglobin levels ought to be done. This is what they are spraying to break up the oil so it creeps into evey crack it can find.
I think that the reason that people who are way north of the coast are getting sick is because; heat rises, water rises, water vapor has the corexit in it, smoke rises gets into the clouds, the upper level winds carry this inland over the coast and drops it hundreds of miles from the coast.
Not to say that we here on the coast are not also feeling the effects. I'm very chemical sensitive, can't stand pine sol, or bleach even a tiny bit so I am staying indoors. Everytime I have tried to go out I get a bad two day long headache so I give up.
I am surrounded by water on three sides and just a few miles up from the gulf. I do have respiratory irritation slight burning, someday's worse than others.
Hope this helps some.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Thank you for the replies.

I just wanted to update, that I am going back to DR this morning, because I cannot shake this thing. Already I have been through a round of zpack and prednisone, and most of an inhaler.

I am so tired I cannot do much more than drag myself to work, which is hell in this condition because I am up all night coughing and fighting for breath.

The only excuse I keep getting is bad allergy season. I am certain I have lived through (being a lifer here in the Ohio Allergy Valley area) "bad" allergy seasons before, why is this one knocking me out?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I cannot even begin to remember when is the last time i would have had the flu in summer, but now i have had it for some weeks. It feels heavy to breathe, and i cough all night. Due to this i wake up extremely tired in the morning. Thank god i don't have to go to work.

This is very unusual, but i guess proves that it has nothing to do with bp, since i live almost half way around the globe from the spill.

On the other hand, the gulfstream comes directly here, so i guess you never know

[edit on 7/8/2010 by above]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Dude. I just had the flu. Its 100 degrees outside. So, yeah.

Edit to add: I am better now, I have a lingering chest/nose thing but I fight em off like a champ!

[edit on 8-7-2010 by mutantgenius]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
No, no colds but in my neck of the woods in GA we been having a wave of sinus infections that are no related to colds but to allergies, I am currently fighting one.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by marg6043]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I am finally feeling better. Still a bit tired, still have congestion that I have to hack up a few times a day, and my ear still has fluid on it, but I FEEL better anyways!!!

Just a note, my brother had to go into emergency the other night with breathing problems, turns out he has pneumonia.

Hope everyone else starts feeling better soon as well.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Update.

My doctor put me on breathing treatments for my out of control asthma. Reiterated the bad allergies excuse.

Now I get some days off work to recover, use my breathing treatments and get this asthma under control.

I am unconvinced it is solely allergies or pollen.

The oil spill was 4/20, what was that 70 some odd days ago?

If it is bad allergies, how come just now I am getting so sick? Why not back in spring?

I would think a couple of months is ample time for the corexit et al to get into our airstream.

But maybe the pollen is bad this year.

I wish there were a way to find out. To test or something.

I predict many many more illnesses like mine to come in the next few months.

I hope everyone who feels rotten begins to feel better soon.

Thank you for all the replies.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Well, we have a semi story from a local msm channel, so what is being left unsaid......

www.kplctv.com...

"The Environmental Protection Agency says the air in some places along the Louisiana coast poses a health risk to vulnerable people.

The EPA says recent air sampling shows a moderate health risk in Venice and Grand Isle, two Louisiana towns about 50 miles from the Deepwater Horizon oil spill site."

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Yep - my whole family has it and I am not close to the Gulf. Interior prairie Canada. Generally, wind systems do not blow up from there to here.

There is also a Norovirus active.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I live in Denver. Every time it rains there are issues. Sore throat, sore sinuses, dizziness, nausea. I'm not the only one who is experiencing these symptoms. Sunny days are fine, only the rainy days bring these symptoms on.

It's not a summer cold.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join