It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing - "Big Dog" walking robot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

The "Big Dog" robot, created by Boston Dynamics.

This thing is absolutely bizarre looking, but apparently has the ability to carry massive amounts of weights, walk on ice while stabalizing itself and is even having a weaponized version being created for military use.

While it sounds like a fly and looks like something out of a bad B horror movie, the technology being developed and the ability of this thing is amazing.

Just wanted to post this for anyone who has never seen Big Dog in action. Pretty incredible.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I prefer the Beta version

Jokes aside...this is one of the best robots I have seen, an armed version would be a very effective platform, only thing is you'd get plenty warning of one coming to blast you

[edit on 27-6-2010 by Pockets]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Pockets

Hahaha.....imagine walking the dog and seeing that coming down the trail towards you.

Pretty impressive the new Beta version is able to crap VHS cassettes

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Yeah, the Big Dog is nice but you brought nothing new and there is a thread about him:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Boston Dynamics is already developing a biped robot, way nicer than the Big Dog, the Petman!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Deja vu. This was one of the first threads I saw before I joined. It's kind of creepy in places the way the movement is so organic-looking.

[edit on 27-6-2010 by ShadowArcher]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pockets
I prefer the Beta version

Jokes aside...this is one of the best robots I have seen, an armed version would be a very effective platform, only thing is you'd get plenty warning of one coming to blast you

[edit on 27-6-2010 by Pockets]

Not like it would matter. Imagine hearing that drone/buzzing sound and knowing 50 of these things are coming after you!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by RestingInPieces
Not like it would matter. Imagine hearing that drone/buzzing sound and knowing 50 of these things are coming after you!

50 of the Big Dog's wouldn't scare me so much as 50 Assault Breacher Vehicles coming after me. They can be remote controlled, but automated would make them even deadlier.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Dnevnoi

How would making it automated make it any deadlier?

Lines sorry

join