It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Xenophobia/bigotry more than usual today?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
It seems that lately I have seen on the internet and various forums and message boards that some people have the mentality that we should "kill them all" or "exterminate the Xenos" in terms if alien life. Where the heck does this point of view come from and why do they have it?

Don't they realize that races hundreds or thousands of years more advanced than us could EASILY wipe us out if need be? And killing off lesser advanced races would just piss off the more advanced ones to the point they react.

There are some people out there that say that this genocide/xenocide is a GOOD THING since it would protect us from any threat that MIGHT OCCUR. What can cause this kind of mentality in people and are there any good arguments I can use against them?

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnthejedi24
Where the heck does this point of view come from and why do they have it?

What can cause this kind of mentality in people...

The Galactic Federation Of Light and their general scamming, hoaxing etc.

If you've read some of my posts on here alluding to genocide of the GFL, they've been pretty tongue-in-cheek.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
This is why I hope in a way we don't get the privilage of meeting an alien race. We've done a good job blowing each other up and poisoning the Earth, what makes us think we'd treat an alien race from hundreds of lightyears away any different?

Our answer to anything we don't understand, we fear it, then we kill it. Just like rats, rats are one of the most misunderstood animals on Earth, we poison them, we shoot them, we batter then to death, we trap them, and we shriek when one comes near us, or at least most people do. Most of all we forget, THEY WERE HERE FIRST, yes they can carry nasties, yes they are dirty, but that doesn't change the facts!!!!
If you had held a rat in your hands, put him up on your shoulder and heard him chattering his teeth because he loves it, then you'd think of them differently! Life is all about giving things a chance, giving chances time to show their worth, a visit from aliens would demand a great level of trust and patience, which I'm not sure humanity has anymore,.

An alien race might be so advanced they have found a way to live among each other without war or hatred, then they land on Earth only to have a nuclear missile staring them in the face, because thats the sort of reception I know they would receive from humans. They might come here with a solution to world peace, something we often only joke about now, and bang, they'd be falling from the sky in ruin before they could even make contact with us, provided they didn't fire back, then it would be bye bye humans.

[edit on 27-6-2010 by The Chez]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
People become much more scrutinizing & confrontational in economic or other hard times. That is just a fact of life.

in any event,

Any encountered aliens should be kept at arms length, with great care, with no fast unexpected movements from us.

Only experience over time will tell us which aliens are relatively honest, that we can even begin to understand & comprehend & engage in [hopefully] mutually beneficial transactions/arrangements.

& honestly for so many reasons we need to rely on ourselves as much as possible.
We learn more that way.
That will verify when honest [and relatable] aliens are being [as completely] honest with us as they know to be.
Also unexpected things could happen to them, & if we can move in to fill in any gaps we hopefully won't be unnecessarily crippled by their long or short term problems.
We may even be able to help beneficial aliens from time to time.

Time & public honesty are requisites for any relationships even worth considering.

Secretive gangsters are forever backstabbing one another & secret alien gangsters are no exception to that rule.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jokei

Originally posted by johnthejedi24
Where the heck does this point of view come from and why do they have it?

What can cause this kind of mentality in people...

The Galactic Federation Of Light and their general scamming, hoaxing etc.

If you've read some of my posts on here alluding to genocide of the GFL, they've been pretty tongue-in-cheek.

I'd myself be wary of any governmental body that called itself the "Galactic Federation of Light." It's practically akin to calling something "the People's Republic" or better yet, "the People's Democratic Republic."

Good thing they don't really exist though and are merely a fantasy of channeling charlatans.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by The Chez

i liek rats too.
2nd line.

top topics

join