It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project May Help Wounded Soldiers Keep Them Alive on the Battlefield Scifi to Scifact

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
HI Folk's i asked the Moderator's to remove this from a different thread the Science & technology Forum so i can put here where it should belong ! as i am not sure what category to place this as it can be anywhere ..... Exciting News for me !

Project May Help Wounded Soldiers Science Fiction to Science Faction Super Soldiers? to Keep Them A

This is from my Local Newspaper

The University is 2 Towns Away from my location !

Edit = Please tell other ATS Members I Should of Put this in Breaking News Section so it would get noticed! please read source .

Science Fiction Becoming Science Faction Working with in the Biomarkers!

Could This Be part of a Super Soldier Project ? a branch of a MK Ultra Project ?

Just Imagine Nano Technology in the Mix !

Clarkson University is Working For and being Funded by the
Department of Defense & The Navy ( office of Naval Research ) why !
Marines are a Branch of the Navy any way i was day dreaming Universal Solider ,Jacobs ladder , Chuck Norris = Silent Rage throw Nano Tech in the Mix

The Source
watertowndailytimes.com...

Project may help wounded soldiers
By LORI SHULL
TIMES STAFF WRITER
FRIDAY, JUNE 25, 2010
ARTICLE OPTIONS
A A A
print this article
e-mail this article

POTSDAM — A Clarkson University research project could someday help preserve the lives of wounded soldiers.

Evgeny Katz, a professor in the chemistry and biomolecular science department, is studying biomarkers, chemicals the body releases that indicate health or illness, to determine what chemicals are released when the body suffers a traumatic injury. The project is being funded by the Department of Defense and will eventually be used to monitor certain chemicals in the body and administer others to keep injured soldiers alive.

"This soldier was injured in (his) brain and we can recognize it immediately," said Mr. Katz, who is originally from Israel. "The system can immediately supply some drug to protect the soldier from immediate death and keep him alive until the hospital."

The system will analyze the chemicals, and chemical reactions, found in bodily fluids to determine what kind of injury there is and what kinds of chemicals need to be administered to keep a person stable until help arrives. It then administers those chemicals automatically.
ADVERTISEMENT

A system of electrodes analyzes levels of dozens of chemicals found in the body, like glucose, lactate and norepinephrine, a hormone. It can determine, based on levels of each of the chemicals, if a body is functioning normally or if it has been injured. It can then specify what kind of injury has been sustained and what chemicals are necessary to keep a person alive.

And it's all done without a computer or outside inputs, unlike other systems.

"Modern computers do not process chemical information," Mr. Katz said. "It is much simpler than computers, simpler to process. We don't need a computer, we don't need to watch movies, we don't need to open the Internet.

The system, once developed, can be used in a multitude of ways.

Another professor from the University of California, San Diego, is experimenting with inserting the system in the elastic waistbands of underwear. The waistbands come into close and constant contact with the skin.

However, the system itself — and the waistbands — are a long way off.

The Office of Naval Research has agreed to provide $2 million over four years for research on the project. The team of scientists are into their second year of funding, but even after the four years, the biomarker system won't be ready to enter a battlefield. There will still be years of testing and development to go.

"Even at the end of the four years, it will not be possible to put this device on a soldier and protect him from injuries," Mr. Katz said. "Between mental research and practical application, there's a very big gap."

Also not easily developed is "smart underwear," as the San Diego project is being called, the only possible application for this kind of technology. It could also be used to monitor other health problems, like cardiac diseases, according to Mr. Katz. It all depends on who is providing the funding for research.

"Smart underwear, this is just one side of our project. Smart underwear is just a technical part," he said. "The concept is much bigger and much more fundamental."

[edit on 26-6-2010 by Wolfenz]

[edit on 26-6-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

Okay, for future reference, supplying a link helps people get their own perspective.

I did find the link, I see you're new, so no big deal.

Hope this helps your thread grow.

Watertown Daily News : Project May Help Wounded Soldiers

You had all the details correct and it definitely interesting to say the least.

If you're interested at looking at new technology I suggest a website.

And it non-classifed materials too which is open-source.

Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency

You will be amazed the type of stuff you can find which never made it to production.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6d3ff73d3866.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

thanks i did not noticed the source didnt copy as i copy and pasted from one post to another thanks for relinking

i can see why this thread has not gone far ..

wow no wonder ... its interesting indeed i am not sure if its a public Leak or was purposely but this research is not intended to be used for civilian use
just imagine if it was ?

a new kind of emergency kit in your car or in the house in a design of a wristband or undies ! ? you got shot no problem here put this wrist band on the emt's are on their way !

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I looked at the DARPA Site Thanks WOW the Director Went to Clarkson University Mr. Donald Woodbury his little Bio
BS in Chemistry MS in Physical Chemistry

Mr. Donald Woodbury
Director

Mr. Donald Woodbury is the Director of the Strategic Technology Office at the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA). Mr. Woodbury manages a portfolio of programs that are focused on the development and demonstration of breakthrough capabilities in global tactical intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance; communications, networks and cyber warfare; space and transatmospheric systems; hybrid warfare; operations in extreme environments; and energy and power.

Mr. Woodbury previously served as a program manager and senior scientist in DARPA's Tactical Technology Office, where he managed programs that were focused on the development and demonstration of breakthrough capabilities in manned and unmanned systems, directed energy weapons, space supremacy, and tactical multipliers.

Prior to DARPA, Mr. Woodbury was a technology program manager within the Army Research Laboratory, where he developed and transitioned advanced technologies for numerous aircraft, ground vehicle, and munitions programs.

Mr. Woodbury also served as an Army officer where he led basic and applied research related to chemical and anti-materiel weapons.

Mr. Woodbury received a BS in Chemistry and an MS in Physical Chemistry from Clarkson University, and an MS in Technical Management from The Johns Hopkins University. He is a graduate of the Defense System Management College's Program Manager Course and is a PMP certified program manager.

SOURCE

www.darpa.mil...

new topics

top topics

join