It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Survive with NO warning?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Im from uk ,but this is what id do.
If your in an area where the rumors are persistant and there is some sort of crediblity to them"Check with emergency services" ,IF TRUE ,then id do this,
if you work then take your holidays now, take a month and head out get clear ,if your unemployed head out anyway to a relative/aunt or uncle not in the afected area .within 4 weeks you should know either way .. just a suggestion of what id do if my kid and wife was living in the gulf.
when this fema evacuates you i reckon they might be ordered to send you were you dont want to be, especially if you have a kid or if you are frail or ill,
so id go for that holiday,GO even if you have had a holiday take another one. but please find out first if the rumors are true.

[edit on 7/2/2010 by dashar]

[edit on 7/2/2010 by dashar]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Stay away from the swamps! I mean it! Have you seen Deliverance? Things happen in them thar swamps men ought not know about. Travel at night, it's cooler and you're less detectable and always walk 5 meters off the road. If you hear pigs squealing, turn and go the other way. Avoid the sweet sound of banjos too. Just trust your gut instincts mainly, they will keep you safe. Pack plenty of peanut butter and crackers. Chuck the jelly! Get one of those one person hammock tents that you set up between two trees, now! They are small, light and will keep you dry and off the ground. Take a bottle of rubbing alcohol for cuts, you can't afford any infections. Get your ass some of those pills that sterilize water, in case you have to drink from a stream or other. Otherwise, boil the sheeit outa it before you drink it. Stay frosty!

[edit on 5-7-2010 by KrispyB]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
manta78
That was a scary video.

I do plan a vacation soon.

I think the Green Swamp would be a great place to camp out for a while. I don't know if that would help with toxic air. If I have to, that's the place for me. Maybe I will find a bigfoot while I am out in the wild. For all those other creatures, I will take a Bible.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
On the water treatment problem:
I would use a simple carbon filter made from crushed fire-pit charcoal and a bandana after the distillation to catch anything that may have condensed. Especially since we are talking about something so heavily contaminated. Even when I distill tap water at home you can tell the difference with the after-distillation carbon filter in.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
BTW my advice is to not wait for no warning. If I were down there I would get out as soon as possible.

Best case scenario:

Hurricane turns 20-30 miles of inland area into to toxic wasteland elsewhere, possible toxic rain effects locally. Bad air and poor economy last for years. Rinse and repeat as long as cleanup takes place (years).

Worst case scenario:

Subterranean methane deposit ruptures and creates tidal wave hitting all Gulf states, bringing down our civilization in the process. Firestorms, choking gasses, possible mass-extinction event. Even if it just brought down the Gulf's infrastructure, you do not want to be down there surviving in a toxic soup.

How BP Gulf disaster may have triggered a 'world-killing' event

top topics

<< 1   >>

join