It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would a "loner" fit a Security Clearance Job profile?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by darpa999

it shouldn't matter if the person has a million friends and a widely large imediate family, anyone can be 'an inside person' because ultimately there exists such technology, as well as brutal techniques, of disarming a person mentally and actually brainwashing them, even wiping their memory clean, of all events you wish to keep them from spreading

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadaMaster
Well, my personality is:
I am a loner, I have no friends, unless you want to call my 5,000 contacts on my cell phones that happens to be my computer repair customers friends.

I am a very intelligent person, have very good mechanical skills that I was already fixing radios and electronics when I was as young as 8 years old.

I have never gotten my self into any trouble, I only have held 2 jobs in my life before I decided to become self employed. My first job was a Summer Youth Employment Program, and my second job was a TAP (Tuition Assistance Program) when I was in college where later I got promoted to a full time position after my supervisor there saw I was a very qualified and skilled person. After that, I straight of the bat registered my business name, started a business and started working for my self, and I am pretty much successful now, as a "loner" since I dont have any real friends that I can depend on for anything or to have a conversation with, repairing computers with a 100% success rate till present. A few years later, after registering my business, I trained my self in the installation of security cameras and added that as part of the services I offer so now I repair computers and install security cameras and none of my CCTV systems have failed, not even the oldest job I have down which sits at about 4 years 1/2.

So, would a person like me qualify for that kind of job?

Possibly not.

You could be considered to be more susceptible to not-the-right-sort-of-people befriending you, or wanting to talk about cool things from work to online contacts.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I have a high security clearance and I'm certainly no 'loner'. I think the thread creator is trying to get at what personal credentials people may have to have in order to work in these top secret facilities. However, this assumption is wrong. All our secret services are looking for is for people who keep their mouths shut and have the skills and qualities needed for whatever their job entails. Being a member of the secret service doesn't necessarily mean that you are a 'loner'.

<< 1  2   >>

join