It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maywood, CA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Hey all, I did a quick search and didn't find anything on this, but thought it would be an interesting current event topic.

This story is from Live Leak so, if you click the link, there is potential for it to not be work safe.

www.liveleak.com...

City broke and all city employees to be laid off: Welcome to Maywood, Mexico

Boasting a population that is 97% Hispanic, more than half foreign born, and 40% illegal, the Los Angeles County, Calif., incorporated city of Maywood has achieved the Reconquista goal. It is now as lawless and chaotic as any place in Mexico. Maywood is a warning to every city and town in America.

The Maywood City Council announced this week that after years of radical policies, corruption and More..scandal, the city was broke and all city employees would be laid off and essential city services contracted out to neighboring cities or to L.A. County government.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by RicketyCricket

On June 23 it was mentioned on the news
cbs2.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I will be interested to see how chaotic the Reconquista's first prize becomes. With no city services the place will become a slum identical to those in any Mexican city. Then they will complain about the lack of fresh water, why the schools are broken and the crime rates.
At that point we can all sit back and collectively say " you asked for it, you got it, now live with it"

How's that brown power thing working out for ya?
They'll be ready for some Hope and Change after this, I'll be happy to give them mine.

join