It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cataclysmic Oil disaster May portend Mayan calender prediction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Cataclysmic Oil disaster May portend Mayan calender prediction

www.helium.com

Methane in Gulf "astonishingly high": U.S. scientist
The burgeoning methane gas cloud will surface, killing everything it touches, and set off a supersonic tsunami with the wave traveling somewhere between 400 to 600 miles per hour.

While the entire Gulf coastline is vulnerable, the state most exposed to the fury of a supersonic wave towering 150 to 200 feet or more is Florida. The Sunshine State only averages about 100 feet above sea level with much of the coastline and lowlands and swamps near zero elevation
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.reuters.com
www.youtube.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
**Gulf Oil Spill Mirrors One From 1979 EXACTLY!! AMAZING ARCHIVAL FOOTAGE

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
The mainstream media deflects the REAL concern (which IMHO) Methane GAS Which eclipses the OIL by volumes of 10. While we can see the effect of oil on the surface when this much gas is infused into the water Oxygen levels are depleted which causes Marine life to die.
Maybe the Mayans were right Look for World changes to begin around August 1st. As an aside watch the similarities to the Mexican oil blowout in 79 Familiar eh what!

www.helium.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
The Mayan calender doesn't predict anything. No one knows if the "end date" is an actual end date or the calender just starts over again. There is nothing cryptic written on the thing. It doesn't say anything about everything dying.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by antonia]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I agree this is a possiblity but where is the Mayan correlation here? A tsunami would wipe out millions but I have no clue that the Maya ever said anything about it.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I take the end of the Mayan Calender to portend A major change (note I did NOT say PREDICT) (My take is there will be something similar to The shifts in life as we know it from one age to another Maybe not the end of the world But Major changes in any event)
Some of the most Significant Factors are the Imminent change of the magnetosphere Quite possibly in our life time. Right Now A peculiar alignment of the Planets is taking place and yes the proximity of planet X may be a factor.
Whether we choose to believe it or not. our lives - cultures - moods - economies are influenced by the planets. of which we have zero control The mayans I believe drew a painting and like any great painting You get to decide what it actually means.
Unlike us as there was no tv they spent generations following and plotting the skies.
The results of which are only now being revealed to us. for us to interpret.

"Grand Parade planets 6.7 August 2010 or big lie? 90% Probability of shift of poles!"
poleshift.ning.com...

Interesting (toward the end sea life - people affected)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Did not say Predict the word is Portend
1 : to give an omen or anticipatory sign of
2 : indicate, signify
Sorry for the confusion

top topics

join