It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It looks like the US is going down

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

It's not pride, it's optimism. And it's confidence in our people.

And let me add that I'm sick to DEATH of people bashing my country and it's people just because we can't happen to control a rogue government at the moment, aren't you?

I don't know where you, the OP, ares from, but chances are very good that you can't control yours either. If you think we're in this boat alone, you are sadly mistaken...unless of course you are from one of the non-aligned nations...then there still might be hope for you.

Oh and Bride of the Baptist...wow. Christ Harvesters still wins. Yikes.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by randel

Why bash The US? Living in a former Soviet Bloc country, shouldn't you be bashing Russia for the 50 years they spent trashing your country?

You say you've always had a problem with the US. Have you never had a problem with the USSR? The US spent 50 years and a whole lot of money trying to liberate your country. Show a little gratitude.

Afghanistan and Iraq now have a chance to be free from the grip of Saddam Husein and the Taliban. Whether or not they can hold on to their new found freedom after we leave, remains to be seen.

Iran is a threat to the world. It is more of a threat to your country than it is to the US.

Any rational person knows that the BP oil gusher is a threat to the world. Those who say otherwise are the far left jerk balls who are trying to deflect the blame away from the President, who has failed to enact tough regulations in the year an a half since he took office.

We are not being manipulated. We are fighting a war against terror. We are infiltrated and under seige.

Don't pity us. We don't want your pity. We want your support. Even with all of our problems, we are far closer to Utopia than the rest of the world combined.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by randel

I understand my country is f***ed up and we are doomed, but I feel pity for the US, because you should be better, you could all live in something similar to an utopia, but you refuse to do so.

What a lame ass disclaimer.

So, rather than focus on your country, which according to you is 'f***ed up', you feel the need to throw some sh!t around.

How 'bout starting a thread on your country and it's problems so as to estabish an unbiased OP that has actual meaning..? Or wait, you're happy with being you...

What a great lesson in hypocrisy and denial. Thank you.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

From a stupid little land, Dracula, Borat etc. Romania.

We can't control the government because here people have given up. We don't have a choice, all the politicians are corrupt we can only try to guess if the one we vote for will steal 90% of the money and actually use the 10% left for something useful, or steal all of it.

The average wage here is 400 $, and not because 50% earn 500 and 50% earn 300 $ but because 90% earn 100$ and 10 earn 31.000. Over here you are not poor if you can still remember how meat tasted.

also for facelift: My country is poor as stated above, the problem is that we were taken over by Russia etc. We have an excuse, our history consists mostly of periods that we were occupied/enslaved. I can't change a thing when people sell their vote for a piece of bread.

That's your biggest problem with my post, not the wars, the useless loss of life, the loosing of privacy, BP etc.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by randel]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
"I don't understand nationalism, how could at least half of the US army be fooled in thinking that attacking Afganistan and Iraq is something that will protect the ones at home. "

How can people be fooled into thinking having a gun pointed at them while an IRS agent loots them is a good thing?

People want a security blanket.

The people that clamor the loudest for more government are the people that are the most insecure and fearful.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by randel

I dunno bud, sounds pretty familiar to me!!! lol.
2nd

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by randel
By going down I didn't mean that the US will hit rock bottom, what i meant to say is that the US is starting to become average.

Maybe mediocracy couldn't hurt.

for Cuhail: you do live a dream, but not all people are that lucky.

I've lived in stairwells and spent days without real food. I've been to the bottom. I don't have a lot of money now, but, I have what I need. Love. Life and Family.

Who needs anything else? America or anywhere else?

Just sayin'.
Cuhail

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

Amen to that!!!! You live, you love, you get out there and enjoy every last bit of it while you've still got the chance. That's my take on what you said anyways

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
This US you speak of.
She may not be as young as she once was, she may not be as pretty as she once was, she has been ravaged to the point of barren in some of her parts, and she sags in places where she used to be strong and firm. But she is still MY gal and if I can pretty her up without slapping her around I would prefer to do so.
And I do think nationalism is a bad thing, but I am guilty of it.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I'm not optimistic, nor would mad really describe my feelings. I'm closer to being ashamed.. I'm tired of making apologies for some politician on their soapbox. We are not the moral compass of the world. We have no right judging what is right or wrong in other countries. Otherwise national boundaries are a lie and we are already under the rule of a NWO. The fact that the world has started to become disenchanted by the US is just a testament to the direction this country is headed. We will go the way of the USSR. It's the natural progression of a country more worried about international issues instead of taking care of domestic ones.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MY2Commoncentsworth

sorry I mush have skipped you post. The USSR was flawed, you can say all you want, but 99.999 of anything that was build in my country was built then. In the last 20 years all that was built were so villas for the politicians.

My problem is that the idea that stands at the basis on the US was great, the US is in theory a perfect nation, but lately ...

You saved afganistan and Iraq from what ? As I remember Sadam was your man right ? Why not save Africa, no one cares about Africa because there is no oil there ... How come you are liberating countries that are then bought by corporations?

I don't want to get into this. My idea is simple the US has the potential of actually becoming an Utopia, don't let them take this away from you.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by randel

Thank you for your reply. I'm not to familiar with the politics in your country, but it seems that your government is not giving the people a chance to succeed.

The original Constitution of the United States was not perfect. It allowed slavery to exist. But it also had provisions for amendments, or changes. So it would seem to be perfect in theory. But our enemies will always find ways to circumvent it.

We saved Afghanistan and Iraq from ruthless dictators and despots who killed millions of their people and terrorized many millions more. Saddam was never our man. But we helped him during the Iran- Iraq war. Why blow a good opportunity?

There is very little oil in Afghanistan, plenty in Iraq. And it belongs to the people of Iraq. We spend a lot of money to help the people of Africa. We do what we can.

America does have a lot of potential. Help us realize it.

If it goes bad for us, it will certainly go bad for the rest of the world.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by MY2Commoncentsworth]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join