It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now scientists read your mind better than you can

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Now scientists read your mind better than you can

www.reuters.com

WASHINGTON, June 22 (Reuters) - Brain scans may be able to predict what you will do better than you can yourself, and might offer a powerful tool for advertisers or health officials seeking to motivate consumers, researchers said on Tuesday.

They found a way to interpret "real time" brain images to show whether people who viewed messages about using sunscreen would actually use sunscreen during the following week.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
As with many technological advancements, this is both interesting and scary at the same time. It really depends on who's gonna use it, how they are gonna use it and for what purpose.

Either way, this is not a mind reader in the meaning of "I know what you did last summer", but a "I know what you will do next summer" instead.

They can predict behaviour, but this prediction is not by influencing the subjects, but by antecipating what they are gonna do. Of course, the next step IS to influence people and that could be what's missing in subliminal messages.

The TV could turn us into "zombies".

Presidential campaigns would fight for our brains.

When you study Marketing, you will hear/read at least once that Marketing is about creating need/desire in the customer.

Well, now they will be literally doing that!

How cna we defend against it? Again, I know that the technology presented in the article only is capable of predicting behaviour, not influencing it. But that could be the next step.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by henriquefd

There is a simple albeit rather extreme way of avoiding being programmed by TV...unplug it from the wall, pick it up and throw it in the local dump.

Most people love their TV's, so this won't happen i expect.

Sure fire way not to be 'got at' though!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
No they cannot.

I have these scum doing this minority report tech rubbish on me for 18 years, they are wrong all the time.

I have proved so many times they are useless at taking my thoughts.

We all have millions of thoughts in our lifes, and hardly any of them are things that are important to us or have any meaning, or things we want.

Just imagine talking to someone, and you could think a thousand things about them, and none of those thoughts have any meaning to you two talking to each other, they are just thoughts.

I have found that these scum that torture people using these techs are useless at understanding which thoughts have any meaning, here is a hint, hardly any.

Science on this = dumbos, my life has proven this as fact, they cannot read minds with techs. No one can take a sentence from anothers mind and tell you what you mean by it.

Not one of the dunces that have done this to me for 18 years have ever been right, your title is wrong, and my life has proven it for 18 years fact.

[edit on 6/23/2010 by andy1033]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
No good can come of this. Yet another tool for the corporate interests to use to milk what little we have left in our wallets. Of course there are the government interests who would inevitably use this for the re-education of the masses...if they aren't already.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wayne60
No good can come of this. Yet another tool for the corporate interests to use to milk what little we have left in our wallets. Of course there are the government interests who would inevitably use this for the re-education of the masses...if they aren't already.

I think everyone in usa is already going through i have gone through in london. I think you all already are under mind control, and the techs behind the scenes are far more advanced than we know already.

But for anyone out there having this used on them, remember your thoughts can only be understood by you, and not another person has lived your life and understood what any moment of your life means to you.

Do not believe them when they say this can predict what people can do. They have used this on me for 18 years, and they have never ever been right.

Humans like i said have all sorts of thoughts, and hardly any of those thoughts have any meaning.

Just go and talk to a friend today, and see how much rubbish you think while with them. Hardly any of those thoughts mean something to you and that person other than they just came into your head.

This is why they can never predict what people what using these techs, and they have done this to me for 18 years now.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by henriquefd

...and might offer a powerful tool for advertisers or health officials seeking to motivate consumers, researchers said on Tuesday.

Great! So, more or less, this is another way for corporations to control our minds so we can aide them in destroying ourselves? Oh man, how very thankful I am that new and innovative technology is always in the hands of the right people!

Y'know, they could've used this sort of thing for therapy, getting people to realise their strengths but no, that would be doing too much good for an individual. Instead, why not just use this tool to exploit mankind for all it's worth?

I'm so fed up this.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Scary and a good thread, BUT...

Originally posted by henriquefd

They can predict behaviour, but this prediction is not by influencing the subjects, but by antecipating what they are gonna do. Of course, the next step IS to influence people and that could be what's missing in subliminal messages.

I about a research somewhere that suggests that "subliminal messages" doesn't really work all that well, and by this I mean flashing images between the frames etc. The media however uses different (suggestive) techniques to influence people. You know, ridicule, twist the truth.. I think most have noticed.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I think the mind control techs are more advanced than you guys admit.

Its more than subliminal adverts lol, they can do alot more, lol.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Get a load of this thread OP...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
If the concept doesn't creep you out, the people behind it should.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Reply to post by henriquefd

wow this is scary, especially with the push from video game companies to bring cameras and sensors into your living room, who knows what kind id scan technology are present in their hard ware and how will that effect the kids, scary stuff indeed.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Personally i think if they need to find your frequency they use the mobile phone. they do not need chips as everyone has there own freq, so they can do what ever they want to you anyway with out chips.

Plus yep, the people behind this are extremely cruel evil scum, who cared not for anything when destroying my life for no reason other than they can.

Pure evil.

I still reckon everyone in america is being monitored and mind controled, its just that they do not know.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
This is interesting and troubling at the same time. The article said:

While the findings can be important for advertisers seeking to hone a motivational message, they can be equally important for public health experts trying to persuade people to make healthier choices, Falk said.

Will they try to persuade people or force people to make these choices?

What if a person isn't persuaded to quite smoking or stop eating Big Macs. Freedom and Liberty means people will make horrible choices.

Doctors already persuade their patients to make healthier choices.

top topics

join